Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I love online banking too but don't use wireless to do it. I have my computer so don't think I'd use an iphone to do banking or emailing. Mostly I keep my cell phone for emergencies and also we're on a friends and family plan so the kids can call us for free. They don't even have landlines in their homes anymore.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
I rarely sent texts with my old phone, but like Jilly, I do much more with my iPhone. I consider my iPhone a handheld computer and that's why I bought it. I am often away from my office for much of the day and carrying a laptop got to be a hassle, especially with travel when I really just wanted it to check email, etc. Plus, the iPhone was the best "deal" -- I was all ready to get a Blackberry but they were way more expensive.

So, now, I can check my email from most anywhere and I also have my social media apps for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn on my phone. When my power went out last night, that was a cool thing to have!

I don't do mobile banking -- mostly because I read the fine print & my bank offers it free, but there's verbage in there that says I agree to pay essentially whatever they decide to charge. So, I don't want it. Online banking from my laptop or desk computer is fine for me. I can still, on the iPhone, go into their site just like on any other computer and move money if I need to.

I don't have a GPS in my car & I love that I can use the iPhone as a GPS--it finds where I am & draws a map to where I need to go! For free! LOL

I know I sound like a sales rep, but it really has made things much easier for me. And, I am pretty good at typing on it now, but it took some getting used to.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Anything that keeps me from having to make an actual phone call and talking in real time is awesome for me. Phone calls make me anxious.

I am the same way. I don't text a whole lot, but I greatly prefer texting to talking. Texting is more fun, involves less meaningless chit-chat, and always leaves me with a record of what was said, just in case (i.e. "What time are we meeting at the bar? Huh, I forgot. Lemme check that text...").

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I never texted and never will unless I get a job that needs a smart phone and where I need to text for it. I email but only with my desktop. My cell phone is used like my land phone to make and receive calls.

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Text for short messages, easier than trying to get someone available at the same time as me. But for longer messages, HATE it. Stupid keypad. And predictive used to drive me crazy. Now it's just annoying, as I'm getting to work out how to use it. E-mails on phone? Never. Worse than texting.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Text now mostly when I need to get hold of someone. Sometimes I email but the small keypad makes it difficult.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.