Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
A Judge in Louisiana refused an interracial couple a marriage license because they are an interracial couple.

Read the article here

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Wow. I'm speechless after reading that.

I wonder why the couples he'd refused to marry before Beth and Terence came along never make a stink about it. (Or maybe they did, and it just didn't make the headlines...?)

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Elephant
Elephant
wow, just OH WOW!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Wow that is just amazing. I cannot believe this happened in the US in this year. I like how he says he lets "blacks use his bathroom" and therefore he's not a racist.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Very interesting. He knew it was not legal what he did, but chose to do it anyway. I can see equality and tolerance still has a row to hoe. frown

E
E
Remove Justice of the Peace, Keith Bardwell's license to issue marriage licenses. Period. No need for an investigation with use of taxpayers' dollars. He publicly admitted he violated the oath he took to uphold the law. He has been making his own rules as he has been going along. Take his income or side job away from him--plain and simple. Maybe he'll see the error of his ways.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: EquityforAll
Remove Justice of the Peace, Keith Bardwell's license to issue marriage licenses. Period. No need for an investigation with use of taxpayers' dollars. He publicly admitted he violated the oath he took to uphold the law. He has been making his own rules as he has been going along. Take his income or side job away from him--plain and simple. Maybe he'll see the error of his ways.

His license should be removed and he should also be removed as Justice of the Peace as well.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Vance-

I found this issue to be so offensive! I can not believe in this day and age that there are people out there still this ignorant and blatant about their discrimination as well.

Not only should he be pulled from the licensing, but he should be removed from anything in regards to LAW! This can really open up a Pandora's box if you think about it. Justifiably, others could come forward and state that his previous legal decisions may have been based on his discriminatory actions. This could cause a huge headache and a domino effect of problems.

At the very least, remove him from the BAR Association and some kind of restitution for his actions. If you get any updated information on this case, could you please follow up and let us know? I am curious to know the outcome and how the state plans on rectifying this crime!

Proud Pagan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
What an idiot! I'm sorry, but this isn't 1959. The excuse he gave was stupid at best. I live in Alabama and asked my friends that are in inter-racial marriages if their kids ever had problems. They all answered no.

I agree, he needs to be voted out.

Paula Laurita
Italian Food Editor
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Originally Posted By: ItalianFood
What an idiot! I'm sorry, but this isn't 1959. The excuse he gave was stupid at best.

Yeah, that excuse holds SO much water these days with a biracial president... obviously, Barak Obama just didn't turn out too well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.