Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#556144 10/13/09 08:41 PM
C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
I swear we're not morbid people. We don't dwell on death or darkness - actually quite the contrary. That's why these dreams bother me a lot.

About 2 weeks ago, David dreamed he died. He got shot and he died. This afternoon while napping he had another dream about being caught in a building that was burning. He and another person were helping to get people out of the building. At one point, he said, they looked at each other with the knowing that neither one of them would get out alive; that their death was iminent. Last night I dreamed that a friend from high school had died. I saw him in his casket; I know what he was wearing. It was all very vivid. His face looked like I remember. His right hand was in his pants pocket and his left hand was not really a hand but a skeletal hand. The fingernail of his middle finger on his left hand did not have a nail, but a little bitty brass bristle brush. (now that is too weird. I wonder where this stuff comes from) His brother (who really did cross over a couple of months ago) was there with me while I viewed the body. At one point my friend was out of the casket talking to me, but was no longer himself, but his sister (who is still living).

I'm so confused.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Connidee #558609 10/23/09 04:15 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Some dreams are really a mixture of many things that have passed through our minds recently. Usually, dreams of death are symbolic of something changing - something going away and a new thing to take it's place. The act of being shot that David dreamed of could be that a sudden realization will be forthcoming, and it may be a bit of a shock (shot) or surprise that will be the end of something familiar and long standing and the dying is the letting that something go in order to begin the new.

I am stumped about the friend in the casket and what the symbolic meanings of the appearance of the friend would mean. This is a confusing dream. I bet Aisling or Icp would have some good reflections on that.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 10/23/09 04:17 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Thanks Phyllis for your thoughts about this.
At this point, it's all irrelevant. It is what it is and I'll just wait for things to unfold.

I hope you're well.

Connidee #558841 10/25/09 01:49 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks for the vote of confidence Phyllis, but this one has me stumped too. I've re-read your descriptions many times, over several days Conni, and I'm drawing a complete blank.

My Paternal Grandfather, whom I never met, believed strongly in dreams. I was taught a dream of death generally meant someone was pregnant. But I'm not certain this applies to these dreams. It just doesn't "click" for me.

Sometimes I think we have dreams that are so non-sensical they stick with us, but don't necessarily mean anything. David could be picking up on something "out there" that happened to someone else, or possibly something read or seen on TV.

As for your funeral dream, it's so weird, it reminds me of one I had many years ago. I squirted Julius Ceasar with a water hose. Where these things come from, I have no idea.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I wonder if your dream of death is because you have been dwelling and worrying about your husband's dreams of death. Your subconscious mind pulled up a death memory and turned it into a dream (bringing all the players in the dream back to the state they were in at the time.)

I don't know what your hubby does for a living - is he a paramedic or EMT by any chance? Dreaming of being shot AND in a burning building seems awfully coincidental for someone not in that field. Or is he (or HAS he in the past) possibly given thought to going into that field of work. If so, these could be worries coming to the surface about the dangers this job poses.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Gecko
Gecko
I've had dreams of my daughter's passing since she was born. It's never the same and yes I do understand that it is in fear of loosing her.

She has joined the army and also airborne rangers and will be leaving in January. I am worried to death and I've has even more vivid dreams of lately. Most recent was her funeral.

(In the dream) I didn't know it was her and as I walked closer to the casket, I realized it was her. That was the most detailed dream that I have had in years.

Proud Pagan
Dreams are often generated by our fears of losing something or someone. My Father used to tell me to strive to overcome my fears for if I give them too much attention, I will invite them into my dreams.

The subconscious holds thoughts and fears for a very long time and if we replace those fears with good thoughts, flood the subconscious with faith and hope, then the fears can be gently pushed aside. Anytime I have dreams such as what we are discussing here, I immediately begin thinking of more positive outcomes and repeat over and over good thoughts to allow them to come to rest in my subconscious - this helps to re-program my inner thoughts and dreams, which then helps me to become more secure and have more faith in good outcomes.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 10/27/09 11:09 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Art and writing and be a powerful tool to help this out, Phyllis.

when you physically construct what you think about onto paper - then it involves both sides of your brain. It makes the image more "real" and gets it rooted deeper into the subconscious.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Originally Posted By: Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd
Art and writing and be a powerful tool to help this out, Phyllis.

when you physically construct what you think about onto paper - then it involves both sides of your brain. It makes the image more "real" and gets it rooted deeper into the subconscious.

This is very wise, Michelle. I did not even think about that. Great idea! Thanks. Now that I consider this, I realize why writing in my journals about issues that bother me help to clarify them so much and put them to rest.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 10/27/09 07:10 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Dragoncharmer, I know exactly what you're going through. My youngest stepson joined the Marines several years ago. I didn't have death dreams, but what I call death scenarios. These would pop into my thoughts, most frequently while trying to fall asleep after a stressful day. I've also had dreams and the waking scenarios are just as hard to overcome.

I've had these about my daughter (my only child) over the past several years as well. She got involved in drugs, but has turned her life around. Yet, the scenarios still pop up now and then.

My stepson was injured during basic and medically retired. He's now in law enforcement and my daughter is in college persuing a criminal justice degree. So I know the scenarios will keep coming. This has been a strong and continual test of my faith and beliefs.

When they occur, I recognize that I'm stressed, have a good releasing cry. Then tell myself, I'm done with that, it's in the Creator's hands, and force myself to concentrate on something else. This takes practice and persistence, for as Mothers, it's instinctive to worry. Being persistent in my practice, I've learned to restore my peace of mind and heart through turning these scenarios over.

In a way, I'm fortunate. I've had many family members and friends in the military and in combat, so I've had a lot of practice. My thoughts and prayers are with you in the coming months. There are many who don't realize, as family members of military, law enforcement, and first responders, we serve as well.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.