Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I agree about the 'we are just humans then' whole heartedly.

I have dogs, and of course they are captives. I feed them, leash them, control their lives. That they are happy and love me does not hide this truth.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I guess the only animal you can apply not being captive to is Cats, probably another reason why I love them so much. They either choose to come back or not. Unless they're a house cat LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Koala
Koala
On the other hand there is feral colonies of dogs the "left over�s, unwanted, and throw-a-way pets" that people abandon. I have been deep into these huge ranches on horseback. This was way back when I was twentyish. Ok, NOT WAY back lol. The point being, these animals are miserable. They were domesticated, obviously can�t be undomesticated. They are full of mats, parasites, disease, and starving. There is little water to be found on the west coast in the summer. They are dehydrated. I�m not going to even approach the cat issue�that one even causes worst heart pain. I was up to my ears in feral kittens in California. I still have two of them. My face, arms, and hands are full of scars from scratches. My bank account still suffers from what I have put into abandoned animals. Some exotics have been able to survive in the wild how well I don�t know. Not about to horseback in Florida even if I could. But, releasing these pets �to the wild� has caused serious tribulations to our environment, as well as being cruel to the pets.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It's a sad story and my heart is easily broken by seeing creatures in pain. I don't have an awful lot to add to this.

My fantasy is that when i have the money to retire I can build an off the grid solar home with a ranch for abandoned animals. Just a loving place to live out their lives in health and some measure of happiness.

Koala
Koala
Steven, thought of this when I read your post (the quote). I have a cat that lives on my desk. This cat knows more hot keys on the keyborad than I ever will. Makes for some interesting pickles I have to find a way out of

A catless writer is almost inconceivable. It's a perverse taste, really, since it would be easier to write with a herd of buffalo in the room than even one cat; they make nests in the notes and bite the end of the pen and walk on the typewriter keys. ~Barbara Holland

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL - love that. My cat does the same, always on the keyboard nosing about. I love that first line too "A catless writer is almost inconceivable."

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Koala
Koala
Kinda thought you'd like it wink Tell me about you cats smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I have a Tom cat (Tuxedo Black and white) named Flower (my sister named him, but we figured it was cute, like the skunk from Bambi LOL, he's second to my mother on my love list LOL smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Koala
Koala

That is sweet smile Sounds like an awesome cat. I like the name. I don't know how many times I have seen Bambi. I have two cats. Molly was my petrified cat. We got her about ten years ago. She was a feral kitten and had been rescued by a cat rescue. She was a year old when we brought her home. She missed kitten adoption because she had been ill.

She was so stiff when we brought her home we could have picked her up by the tail. She had no idea how to walk on carpet. She stuck to it like Velcro. Which lead me to believe she had been caged quite a bit? Or, maybe the foster home didn't have carpet.

She began to bond with us. My office had a window that faced the front door. One day a neighbor came walking up to the door. She was on my desk. (She has been on my desk for ten years - surprised she didn't stay there in the moving van to South Dakota) She growled at him when he walked up. So she was our stiff watch kitty lol.

It took a long time to unstiffen this cat. Today, she melts in your arms. She is with me 16 hours a day. She scared my ragdoll cat so bad I have to keep them separate.

My ragdoll is so shy (she is also a rescue - we found her as a tiny kitten.) At that time I had so many cats. We had moved to California to take care of my folks and were living in a mobile home in a senior park. It was full of ferals. It didn't take me too long to find a ranch to live on, still close to my parents.

Anyway, I had spotted this ragdoll kitten. I couldn't get close to her. She is so pretty. I will post a picture of her. I have pictures of Molly somewhere but she is your basic black cat with a few tiny white hairs on her chest.

The minute I head to the bedroom, cat 2 Squeaky affixes, her self to my side. We read together, watch TV, play, and she sleeps with me. I have some major health issues so sleeping isn't my forte. She rarely makes a sound, but when she does, it is a high pitched squeak meeeoooo hence her name Squeaky. She is just the shyest, sweetest little thing.
Sorry, for the length of the story smile

Anyone reading this please introduce yourself and your pets!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Don't worry about the length, I love hearing about people's pets - especially the feline friends smile Squeky looks so beautiful from the picture - such beautiful colouring.

Awww, Molly sounds adorable too - we got our cat from the Cat's Protection League, because as you know, there are just so many feral cats about. They told us Flower was found on a Romany gypsy site, which I found facinating, so I always think of him as kind of mystical - but I find most cats are anyways smile

I just know when I'm older I'm going to have a house full of cats LOL - my cousin has a grey Burmese and a she's really friendly. I'm used to having Alley cats as we call them, the most I've ever had at one time is five, right from kittens - and they'd be so cute crawling all over with their tiny claws LOL. They were selling kittens earlier in the market and I was so tempted - luckily they couldn't leave their mother yet else I think I would have had to bring one home LOL. I would love to get an Egyption Mau - I just think they're so beautiful, I can't believe that in Egypt they're treated like pests, while here in the West, we pay hundreds for them. I think I'd like to try and get as many natural breeds as possible, I don't like the idea of creating cats without whiskers and short legs and other nonsence. I just love them so much, Flower's asleep beside me now smile they have this mystical allure about them, so beautiful, graceful and also wild - just facinating creatures I think.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.