logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#553264 10/03/09 01:01 PM
I
OP Offline
I
I don't know if its just me but every time I go out with my "mother" friends I feel they try to "mother" me. They always tell me how to make decisions. I am a 40 yr old married women. I thought it was just me and maybe I was naive and didn't understand. Later I realized that they spend all day telling their kids (and sometimes husbands) what to do that its just habit they push/tell their friends how to live their life/make decisions. Is it just me or are their others out there that have the same thing? I love my friends but just getting tired of feeling either I have to submit and say "you're right - I'll do it your way" all the time or I fight against them and remind them I am a 40yr old women who can make her own decisions.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
Yes, I have 'mother' friends like that too. Though most of the time the 'mother' comments are on daily decision type items. Stuff my own mother never told me. Like 'bring a coat' or 'aren't your hands cold? you should put on your gloves' or 'don't bring a big bottle of booze to the weekend at the cottage - that's way too much alcohol!' Jeesh. I realize my mom was a bit different not telling me to put on my coat when I went out to play but she figured I was smart enough to come in and get it if I got cold. Obviously this was not when I was a baby or when it was arctic type weather but by the time I was out playing with the kids I was old enough to know what I should be wearing. I have friends who are *constantly* telling their kids to drink some water or go to the bathroom or put on a coat. Sure fine when they are little but now some of those kids are double digits in age! Surely they must know when they have to go to the bathroom by then! They aren't stupid but having mom constantly tell them means they likely don't listen to their own body. So because they are constantly telling their kids stuff they probably don't know how to shut that off when they see a 'mothering' situation.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.