Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I read through the feedback he left for others and it appears that at least nine of his orders were lost in the mail. Nine! And those are just the feedbacks that mention what happened.

I would definitely start blocking bidders if I was to do any ebaying myself. Life is too short for that kind of bull. The amount of time, effort, energy, money and hope/trust in humanity takes more out of you than is worthwhile. :-(

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lisa, I'm pretty sure that if you contact Paypal and tell them the entire story and say even though he's had his full refund he is refusing to leave you positive feedback then they can either leave it for him or insist that he does. Also, surely if he's saying he hasn't recieved over nine items then thi guy is a scam artist and should be reported. I wouldn't go through Ebay as I've found them to never be helpful in the past, but Paypal were very good when I had to contact them several times. I must admit one time it took them a few months to get the situation sorted, but they did eventually help me.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
K
K
you shouldn't be held hostage like that. It's a disgrace and this really shows that there are flaws in the system. Your 100% rating should not be allowed to be damaged by a person who obviously is out to cause trouble. How can we trust feedback ratings if we are afraid to tell the truth like this?
The seller should have equal rights with the buyer and not be penalised by scam artists.
This is a horrible situation and the policies need to be changed as it is far too open to dishonesty. Bully boy tactics really seem to work and the feedback system needs a complete overhaul before it becomes impossible to tell the honest members from the ones out to make a quick buck.

Kim O�Shea
Online Auctions
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Do you think there are always scammers looking for chinks in all armor..? Or is it with the bad economy people are getting more desperate?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I personally think Jilly, that no matter what, you will get scammers and they will try and, usually succeed in finding loopholes. That's just the world we live in, hopefully, most people are honest though.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Steven, what do you think goes through their heads when they try to cheat people? Are they thinking, "if I just take a little bit from a lot of people it's not that bad"...or "life sucks so if I step on others it's just the law of nature?"

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think people think "Cool! I can get free money!" It's like a kid spotting a $10 on the street and grabbing it. Their only thought is how it benefits them, they don't think at all about any impact on others.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Lisa,

I wonder if your post office receipt is really as valueless as you think it is. I had an Amazon chargeback once and they asked me to provide any documentation I had. All I did was submit on their system that had a post office receipt with the buyer zipcode for a shipment via media mail and the weight of the book. I didn't even have to give them the receipt (although I kept it aside thinking they'd ask). A couple months later, I went to look and it said it had been resolved in my favor.

Your receipt probably has the weight and zip as well, and might be enough for paypal to nail this guy.

Incidentally, I have had some swap books lost in the mail. It was when I had the USPS holding my mail when I was on vacation. I got most of my stuff, but two of the books never made it and had to be marked lost on the swap systems. But I can't think of a time when I've lost stuff when I've been receiving active mail. And I swap hundreds of books a year.

Nicki

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The recipient opened a PayPal incident and I explained in that incident that I had the receipt and they didn't seem to care. All they cared about was a tracking number. So I think it's biased that way.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Well, turns out I've been ripped off too, and by someone who was reccomended to me through Ebay. I paid $85.00 in total for a statue and kept getting told by this person that they were busy and would send it. As he was reccomended, I let the 45 days go buy without filing a complaint with Paypal - now I find out he's scammed loads of people and has changed his Ebay name three times because of it. I've tried e-mailing him and have sent him a charge for a refund but haven't heard anything - the communication has stopped. So there are sellers out there just as bad, not that that makes it any better. I realise how you feel completley Lisa, it's SO frustrating to think someone has my money and I have nothing, to think I trusted someone foolishly as well. Just shows you can't trust anyone when it comes to money unless you know them personally. I've contacted Paypal & told them about all his Aliases, and asked if there's anything they can do - but I doubt it. I could really use that money as well - I don't get how ppl can behave like it. The person I'm dealing with is a full grown man in his forties, what's the world coming to???

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.