logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Koala
Koala
They are no doubt mystical. Molly is on my list today, she sent me on a virus search yesterday. I kept having source code flash on my screen. It took me a while but she was sleeping next to the keyboard and her hind paw was on a key. Though, it turned out to be lucky, I did find a virus � every time I go into Yahoo groups I end up with a virus.

Like many animals, I believe they will find out someday that cats have more intelligence than ever given credit. Even though they may not recognize themselves in a mirror lol. As a monkey and a elephant do. Still on subject - monkey.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I am not sure if we are not missing a thought or two here. Why is it that humanity many years ago found it necessary to acquire the first animals as pets?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Well, lots of reasons, companionship - also ppl used animals to help them in work and hunting for food. I guess with wild animals, they come across them in odd ways, find them left as babies etc. and think they can handle them. Now we have crazes which are always made worse by the media. For example, when I was a kid everyone wanted turtles or terrapin's cos of TMNT - then the other day there was a show about ppl having monkey's instead of babies. Michael Jackson had bubbles, stupidly, and ppl follow these media trends without thinking. Even after the horror stories they seem to think that they are somehow different I guess.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Koala
Koala
I remember being 3-4 years old; I had to be that young if we still lived in Spokane Washington, where I was born. My parents got me a turtle, if I remember that correctly it had to be a red-eared slider. It had this tiny little tank, it live in, with a palm tree. It died. It couldn�t have been very old. Only memory of the turtle was sitting under the dining room table and playing with it. Curious how they ended up buying something like that; seems like they would have, or should have known better.
My brother played for the Demolay Band and had gone on a US tour; he brought me back an alligator, via bus, from Florida to California. Again, I was very young; no one in the house knew a thing about the poor thing. We bought minnows for it to eat. We had no idea he needed heat, light, he died too.

Maybe those experiences have something to do with the crusade I have been on pretty much all my adult life. Know what the heck you are doing before buying any pet, be ready for it, have a veterinarian before getting a pet. Grrr�grumble for feeling like I am talking until I am blue in the face.

Last edited by Diana-Exotic Pets Editor; 10/20/09 12:01 PM.
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B

Koala
Koala
That is me and first thing in the morning brain - doesn't function until noon or a little better. I am a evening - night type person.

Is that better?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I'm a night time person too, I find it much more relaxing.

Those were really sad stories about the pets Diana frown I can't believe your brother brought you back an alligator, via bus, from Florida to California or that he even could - that's just crazy! It'd be amusing if it didn't end so bad.

The craziest thing I've done is bring home stray kittens/cats as a child, but of course, most ppl know how to look after animals like this.

You're right, completley - ppl need to educate themselves before getting pets. Any pet, but especially exotic types - because not many ppl can even advise you on them. I'm sure that your words help a lot of ppl and hopefully stop a lot of pain too.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Koala
Koala
Both stories were from when I was a kid. I doubt if you could transport an alligator by bus anymore. Those animals and their suffering must have really kicked me right in the heart because it certainly outlined my entire life for me.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.