Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Hi,

Here's an article on Accelerated Learning you might find interesting...

Accelerated Learning: The secret to learning quickly is actually to approach learning slowly!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Teo Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks for this and the Practice Music the Easy Way Allan!

Minds your wants because somebody wants your mind -Clinton
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
You're welcome, Teo. Nice to have you aboard. And nice to read your other comments.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Thanks Allan for the advice on accelerated learning. I am the church organist and accompanist (25 years) for our church choir. I find that if I'm in a hurry trying to learn a difficult song, I get frustrated and wont want to practice. I have found and nearly forced myself to sit down and work on one page at a time. Im talking about a Spiritual song that has about 9 million flats and sharps transposing throughout the peice. Its frustrating because you're constantly trying to find the right notes. So I work with one page at a time for about a half hour a day. 2 weeks went by, I found the piece easier to play because I've finally made an effort to go slow and learn one page at a time. Now I've got it all, the choir is more motivated. It sounds so nice. I'm proud of myself for working hard on this piece.

Julie

A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Sometimes I've found that when there are many sharps or flats, it's easier to just play ALL of them, and figure out what notes are NOT sharp or flat. But for me, it definitely seems to work well to take a tiny section of a piece at a time (if I'm having trouble with it) at a snail's pace. Then it naturally speeds up later.

A lot of gospel tunes have those 9 million flats and sharps, because some piano players teach themselves to play, and start using the black keys first (it's easier than using the white ones).

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Yeah, I know what you mean Allan aobut the 9 million flats and sharps. I had to accompany our church choir that had alot of sharps then modulated to flats back to sharps. What a pain that was to learn, but it is a beautiful song and the choir did a great job on it. I feel when I do something hard like this, I accomplished alot from learning hard peices. I motivate myself to work on sections at a time one page at a time other wise if I try learning it all, forget it. I'm frustrated and I will put it away and wont touch it again for a while but I've got myself trained to do one section at a time each day.

Julie

Moderated by  Sabira - Musician Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.