And is really bothering me i am very self conscious
How do i get rid of it? frown

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
"Rosie" #542902 08/15/09 11:54 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
There are two ways for you to remove it:

First, you can simply shave it. Sounds silly, but that is easiest way. Side effect would be you might have to shave it every 2 days or so, and get more mustache.

Second, you can go see a doctor and remove it with laser. It might cost you some money, and I am pretty sure you insurance will not cover the procedure.

No one is perfect, and everybody has something s/he does not like on body. Does that not make human attractive?

"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Thank, does a wax, or nair (not sure i spelled that right) work?
My sister shaves hers, she said she never should of started doing that now its stubby n dark and a five o'clock shadow frown

Rosie L
"Rosie" #542915 08/15/09 02:10 PM
Tiger
Tiger
I get my upper lip waxed by a professional (you should never put nair on your face by the way).

I go in about every 3 to 4 weeks depending. It costs me $11 so I imagine that's about $8 your end.

If you shave it grows back prickly. Not so with waxing. I'm also finding as time goes by there seems to be less than when I started.

If you have fine hair blonde hair like me than lasering is not an option. It works best on darker haired women.

I've tried electrolysis in the past but it is too time consuming and expensive and way more painful than a quick wax.

Yep, waxing hurts. Especially the first time. But I have to tell you it is absolutely worth it! I wish I hadn't waited so long to have it done.

M o e #542925 08/15/09 03:39 PM
"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info Moe

Rosie L
"Rosie" #542928 08/15/09 03:51 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Skyhaven - shaving really doesn't affect how hair grows. The thing that happens is people start getting the hair coming in as they age, it's very normal for men and for women. Hormones changing and all. So then they start doing something about it - and it gets "worse" and they think it's what they did that made it get worse. But that's not true at all. it was getting "worse" anyway due to hormones and would have kept doing that anyway.

I just shave mine.

That all being said, there are two things I'll point out.

First, if you shave you are cutting the hair across its "thick part". So as it keeps growing you see that thick part in its full thickness. So it *looks* thicker to the eye. Like a play-dough machine pushing out a solid circle.

If instead you yank it out then a brand new hair forms down in the follicle and when new hairs grow they start with a tiny tip. So as that comes out of the follicle it will of course look thinner at the top.

Also, if you keep yanking out hairs you are often pulling out root-bits with the hair. So you're damaging the roots. This might mean eventually you kill off a root or two and therefore have less hairs. On the other side, you might also damage it so that it splits and now you have two hairs there instead of one. So it's pure luck which way you go. I have heard from people who keep pulling and pulling (i.e. waxing) that eventually they do kill off all the roots and end up with no hair. It takes a while though.

I say to just shave daily. Also if you really care you can of course talk to your doctor about hormones to fix the underlying problem. Different problems like PCOS can lead to hormone inbalance to cause more hair growing.

Of course with so many people complaining about thinning hair and bald spots, it's relatively a nice thing to have too much hair wink

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you everyone, yous all have been very helpful
Rosie

Rosie L
"Rosie" #543490 08/19/09 06:55 AM
M
M
O also got facial hair because I have PCOS. My OB says this is the reason why I have so much hair in my face. I afraid to have it waxed because I know waxing is painful. Also, laser treatment is too expensive. Is it okay to just pluck a few thick strands?

misha_bons #543495 08/19/09 07:31 AM
Amoeba
Amoeba
Don't pluck it, this could result in an ingrown hair.

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes
"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
I did pick up a box of "Surgi" Cream , Extra gentle hair remover for the face.
Has any one tried it,?
When i get a little braver I'll try it.
First i would like to hear from others who have used it!
I bought it at Rite Aid

Rosie L
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.