Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hey, anybody interested in how Alaskans celebrate the 4th of July? The most common way, other than BBQs, in most states would be FIREWORKS! But think about it ... this IS the "land of the midnight sun", after all <grin>. It is still bright DAYLIGHT outside at midnight in much of the state. What do you think we do? Let me know and I'll let YOU know if you're right!

Deb Frost
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Well, I stayed up until nearly 1:00 AM (which technically made it the 5th of July) listening to the sound of fireworks going off all across the Mat-Su valley I call home. Since we live on a hillside, I even had a fairly decent view of some of the streamers and poppers being set off in the large gravel pit about half a mile from our house - it's a popular site for locals since there is little risk of fire there. Then again, there wasn't a whole lot to see. It was about as dark as it was going to get on this sunny, cloudless 4th of July Alaskan night and I could make out different colors ... vaguely. smile Still, the party-goers sure sounded like they were having a good time and I could smell the burgers from here!

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Deb Frost

Moderated by  DebFrost - Alaska 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.