Next Thread
Print Thread
#478416 12/23/08 10:28 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Have you ever completely lost something and then it turns up in a place you have already looked many times? Several weeks ago I misplaced a special flashlight my stepson had given me. I had completely emptied my purse and supply boxes looking for it.

Sunday, I was at the convenience store to get a soda, and it was in my purse in a very obvious place. I asked my husband if he had found it and placed it there - NO. This happens to me a lot, and sometimes I find things in my home I never had to begin with.

Many years ago, I walked into the garage and lying on the floor was an old sepia picture from the 1800's. On the back I immediately recognized my Great Aunt's handwriting. It said My Grandmother. I called my Dad to ask him about the photo. He told me the picture was in a box at his house (in another state). He checked and it was no longer there.

This type of thing has happened so many times in my life, I am no longer overwhelmed or confused. I just accept it as my "Friends" helping me. I don't know who or what they are, but I appreciate the help in finding things lost, and the "gifts" I occasionally find in my home or car.

I've come to refer to my garage as the "Black Hole." I store my craft supplies in an adjacent room. While looking for one thing, I will find another item I really need, but have no idea how it got there.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
One day, my front loading washing machine door was locked. It was new and still I couldn't get it opened for anything. I was so frustrated. My grandmother had died a few months earlier (my dad a few weeks later), and I was sad. My grandmother always hated the fact that my laundry was backed up. She used to nag me to catch it up all the time.

When the washer got stuck, I said aloud, "Grandma! If you can help me, please help me!!!" Half jesting, really. I walked out of the garage to answer the phone. When I went back, the washer door was wide open.

No kidding.

Another time, our car doors locked by themselves when we were driving down the freeway, even though the car doesn't have that automatic door lock thingy.

I believe they help us still. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
We've had two fence post finials go missing. I bought 4, one for each side of the two gates. My husband mistakeningly put all 4 on one section of fence, then removed two, and they immediately disappeared.

I've been looking for over 2 years. We finally got the other section of fence completed today and I'm ready for those post finials. I'm wondering where they will turn up, as I know they will. I just need to ask.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
It's been several months and my fence post finials are still missing. I've asked for their return, and I'm waiting for them to pop up somewhere, like in my car trunk.

After attending my first meeting of the Southern Paranormal Research Society, I've had a few of disappearances. A head of lettuce disappeared from the fridge, only to return 3 days later on the top shelf, none the worse for 3 days. My husband and I both went through the fridge.
A day or two later 2 bags of coffee were gone from the pantry. They are still missing. Last night I walked into the bathroom to find a corroded piece of metal lying on the floor. It's the rod that goes between the old glass doorknobs. This past week, I had removed everything from the bathroom and cleaned it from ceiling to floor.
My husband asked "Well, do you need it?" Yes, as it probably fits the closet door in the office, which is missing one. However, this is definitely not a Fair Trade for my 2 pounds of coffee, or the fence post finials!!

But I am thankful, our electronics didn't go haywire with a house full of people this weekend. That would have taken some explaining.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have had things disappear without any logical reason. Years ago I got into a phase where I focused way too much on past lives. I even went so far as to buy a vintage dress pattern of the Victorian era. I was going to make that dress for myself and wear it for just me to walk around the house in when I was alone - to give myself a better sense of the past. (now that sound loopey!)

One night, I had a dream that my Grandmother came into my bedroom. I awoke (in my dream) and sat up because I saw a woman standing in the corner by my closet, going thru my patterns box. She was holding that Victorian dress pattern. When she realized I had seen her, she turned to me and said, "Dear, you cannot live in the past. You must go forward."

The next day, remembering the dream, I went to my pattern box and my Victorian dress pattern was gone. I have never found it and that was about 32 years ago.

Grandmother did not want me stuck in the past.

I have also found things that seemed to have been lost forever. My birth certificate was one such thing. I scoured every nook, cranny, box, trunk, drawer in my home and could not find it anywhere. One night I had a dream that my Father passed it to me. The next day I found it in a drawer that I keep important papers in.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 05/22/09 02:11 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.