Next Thread
Print Thread
#519920 05/09/09 09:23 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
How do you organize your albums of actual printed photos? I am going through all of mine right now and labeling the spine and front of each one (with a labeler). I am listing the years and also the key events in each one. I just had to dig through all 20+ of them to find photos to submit for Mused so I figured while I had them all out I might as well be useful!

I'm also writing down IN the books where we were in general, like "Washington DC" for the set of photos that were taken there.

I'm not going so far as labeling every single person yet ... but really I should ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Lisa,

Labeling each photo with name of the person and date is the most important thing you can do. My mother went through her photos and put them into albums and dated the spine as you have done. Some of my oldest albums are in good shape. As a kid, I loved to put scrapbooks together and label them. However, as years went by I used different types of storage. Now, my photos are poorly stored and identified. With digital, I wonder how I will ever put thousands of photos together.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I agree with you completely Angie. Right now I have all the albums labeled with their dates and topics so that was the start. Now my next task is to go through the three albums of my mom's that I have and figuring out with her who the people in those are. I figure that's a high priority because if something happens to her, nobody is going to know who is in any of those pictures. So I am diligently scanning in each unknown photo in those albums, emailing them to her and asking her for names!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Ewa - Photography 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.