Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#518891 05/06/09 03:10 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today is a day to celebrate for me. 5 years ago today the police came and took my now ex-husband out of our home due to a Domestic Violence protection order and he went to jail later the next day for violating it. I have been free of him for 5 years now. I did not take him back, I did not let him step foot into MY home or traumatize the kids anymore. He saw the kids until the end of July when he disappeared from their lives because according to him he couldn't handle see me walking away with them and him not with us. Fine, your loss buddy.

I will probably never be fully over what he did to me. i still struggle at times with triggers but not nearly as bad as I used to. I have come a long way but still have a long way to go. One of the ways that helped me heal is by writing here at BellaOnline.com. I started writing for the Domestic Violence section in November 2004 so I celebrate my 5 years here among good friends!

Today I will play "Since you Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson and sing loudly!! LOL

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Congratulations!!! I celebrate my 5 yrs. on September 1st. While, I fought for my life in the hospital, my momma made sure my exhusband could never come near me again. She put her blood, sweat, and tears into keeping me alive, she wasn't going to lose me to him. I am getting remarried in July, I still have hard times. But, I reallized I have people to help me get through them. Enjoy your children and Enjoy your freedom!

Last edited by bobbosgirl; 06/03/09 09:32 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
I am so happy for you ladies!!!!

Jeanette, I will probably write to you soon. I've thought about it many times. But I am so pleased that you are doing this site, forum and helping others and being a witness that lives can change for the better. Scars are reminders but in no way "definers" of who we are.

May you all be abundantly blessed, always and with much love.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
my mailbox is open at any time!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am very happy for you. Hope you are well. No one deserves violence.

Gecko
Gecko
Congrats to you on the 5 years of freedom! I must say that the Laws have come a long way over the years and now there are out reach programs available that are able to help. I was also a victim of domestic violence; unfortunately it was back in the day when there wasn't as many programs to help the victims or even at that time the cops wouldn't do much except tell you, " Well leave him." Thank goodness those days are over!!! I work in property management (subsidy housing) and there are a few residents who were victims and displaced. Yes- I do extend a hand and work with the local agencies and help them when I can relocate a victim/family in need. Now there is also the VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) that is also been a big help and in the protection of women who are victims. I love to hear how you can take such a horrible experience and turn it into something productive and helpful to others. Once again congrats to you- You've come a long way baby!!

Proud Pagan
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
How to take a horrible experience and turn it into something positive....that is a good question. i think after being through it and getting away and becoming a survivor instead of victim helps you to help other people by telling your story to inspire other women and men to get out of the abuse. After I got away from my abuser, I immediately started telling my story, then I found this site a few months later and begane writing here. Writing here and making the friends I have made here have truly helped me in healing. I also have an awesome man in my life who has helped me overcome many obstacles and push through the pain I have felt. I have been very lucky in my path and I wish all women and men who are healing can find the same peace I am slowly feeling. It is a long journey to healing but it is definitely possible!

G
Shark
Shark
G
Hi Jeanette,

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments. You should write a book as well (if you haven't already). Everyone should hear your story because you never know when it will help to save a life.

Your courage gives courage to so many others.

{{{Hugs}}}

Gayle

Gayle Santana
Coffee Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Gayle - i have written a book, it is on it's second draft and has received one rejection so far because it isn't the type of material the publisher is looking for right now but they told me to try back in a year.

Thank you for the words of encouragement!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Jeanette, I cannot wait to read your book!

You are one of the most courageous women I know and an amazing role model. grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I got rejection #2 in the mail today. the guy said he didn't feel like there was an audience for the book....yes i had to pick my bottom jaw off of the floor twice....

K
Gecko
Gecko
K
Congratulations Jeanette! I celebrate 9 years of freedom on October 22!

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Good for you Kelly! I haven't heard from you in awhile. How are you doing?

K
Gecko
Gecko
K
I'm doing pretty good..just facing some challenges with my health right now. I'm enjoying spending time with my kids and doing some writing again. Thanks for asking! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.