logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I am reading The Agony and the Ecstasy, by Irving Stone. I see it as a romance for several reasons, one being that Michaelangelo's greatest love was sculpturing. He put so much love and spirituality into his work. The book also talks about his great love for Clarissa and also for Contessina.

At first, I was quite bored with the book because I had difficulty pronouncing the names of people and places in Italy. Then, after talking with my son, I became more interested in the story and less concerned about pronounciations. My son also showed me a print he has of the town of Florence in Michaelangelo's time and pointed out the different buildings/places that are in the book. This helped me a great deal in getting a far better image into my mind and I now find the story very good. This book is a "keeper".

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#517560 05/02/09 08:25 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Sure, I know we all love romance, but a lot of romance readers also read in other genres. So, rather than have them listed in our 'current romance read' thread, the non-romance current reads are getting their own thread here. smile

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Mariah Stewart's suspense novel Cry Mercy.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Just finished Wife of the Gods by Kwei Quartey - a Darko Dawson mystery set in Ghana. A most excellent read!

Also recently read Boston Scream Pie a Paco and Molly mystery by Rosemary and Larry Mild. Lighter reading but with surprising depth.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Phyllis - sometimes I struggle with pronunciations and it is distracting to the story. I try to just make up my own pronunciation, but still sometimes get frustrated with the story. It definitely slows me down.

N
Shark
Shark
N

Incomparable Bellairs by Agnes & Egerton Castle 1903

A
A
I'm confused, is this a non-romance thread or not? Anyway, since I like reading a ton of books at the same time, I'll name one from each. For romance, I'm re-reading a really old one by Judith McNaught which is Whitney, My Love. For non-romance, I'm digging into Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood (it's romantic if you look at it in a different way though).

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
>>I'm confused, is this a non-romance thread or not?<<

This is the non-romance reading thread. <g> Sometimes posts get moved into a more appropriate thread, which is why you see the different headers on some of the messages.

Welcome, btw.

Judith Mcnaught's definitely an oldie but a goodie. lol And very, very slow when it comes to producing new material.

I've never heard of the other, however. What genre is that?

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.