logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
I'm a CNA and I work at a nursing home. I have been offered a position at an assisted living place. Anyone know the difference between the two?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Assisted living is when the senior citizen only needs limited care and some assistance with daily activities but they do not require the more extensive care of a nursing home.

It seems like the patient care portion of the job would not be as intensive in an assisted living facility as in a nursing home.

My aunt lived in her own room with bath in an assisted living facility, and walked to the dining room on her own. My mother was in a nursing home (she had dementia), and needed an increasing amount of assistance from the staff.

Hope that helps you make a good decision for yourself.

J
OP Offline
J
thanx for ur useful reply Edie - Mystery Books can any one wnt it I'm selling a 46 bed senior living facility. It needs work and better management. I've run out of resources for a buyer as the owner won't let me put in on the local MLS. Do you know anyone who can take care of the elderly in these homes?

J
OP Offline
J
i m just confused can you give any idea on What happens to personal property when one goes into assisted living? My grandmother wants to go into assisted living because she cannot do most things herself anymore and doesn't want her kids and grand kids to have to take care of her. She never wants to be a burden even though she would never be.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Jeni -

I'm really confused!

In one post you say you work at a facility, but in the next you say you are trying to sell it. You say you are going to work at an assisted living facility, but then you say elsewhere that you want to create an assisted living facility in your home and that your grandmother wants to move into one. Is all of this happening at the same time?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
OP Offline
J
hey guy thanx to useful nreply me i m just confuse can you give any suggestion plz? Where do you find classes on senior care? I live in Delray Beach Florida. I am looking for classes on caring for seniors.. for more info: www.waterford-living.com

Last edited by jeniwillym123; 04/29/09 05:52 AM.

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.