Next Thread
Print Thread
#495776 02/20/09 06:13 PM
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I am single and like to make quick meals out of various types of pasta - penne, bow tie and vermicelli. I usually use tomato sauce or an Olive Oil/Garlic combo. I'm pretty sick of both of these and need some new, quick, ideas.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I just posted a quick and easy lasagna recipe on my cooking blog today.

When the kids were young we ate this about 3 times a month and now I still serve it to the grandkids.

joanj #496836 02/24/09 11:48 AM
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thanks Joan! That looks great, I'm trying it out tonight!

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I never thought of an Alfredo Sauce as a quick idea but then I saw them make on in one of those "magic bullet" machines on TV. I realized that alfredo is pretty quick, after all.

You just melt butter and whisk in cream. Add grated Parmesan until melted. Toss in some hot pasta. That's it. And so good.

Your garlic/olive oil combo sounds delish. I can see how you can doctor it up for other flavor variations such as adding:

*olives of different types
*sun-dried tomatoes
*fresh basil
*sauteed vegetables (primavera)
*hot red pepper flakes (arrabiatta)
*meats (chicken, shrimp, beef strips, pork)
*nuts (pinenuts, walnuts)
*carmelized onion, anchovies and black olives
*cream cheese thinned with some milk and sauteed mushrooms (tetrazzini-style)

I love pasta and tend to make the same sauce so I'm glad you posted this to spark some new ideas! Thanks! smile

M
Shark
Shark
M
I like pasta carbonara for a quick and easy meal. You just saute some chopped up garlic and bacon till the bacon is crisp, drain off the grease and then toss it into your hot pasta along with a couple of eggs, parmesan cheese, and a little of the pasta cooking water, some black pepper and a little chopped parsley if you've got it.

Pesto is good for a change of pace too. I like to keep a large jar of the pesto from Costco in the fridge at all times for quick and easy dinners.

I also like to make a light creamy sauce (when I am in the mood for alfredo but not the calories). Just melt 1-2 T of butter and 2 cloves of minced garlic in large saucepan and whisk in 3 T flour then 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 cup of 2% evaporated milk. Continue to whisk until the sauce thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and then any other additions that sound good and let the sauce simmer. Toss the sauce, the hot pasta and a little of the pasta cooking water together and dinner is ready!

This can be modified lots of different ways. I like to add chunks of salmon and peas or chopped artichokes, roasted peppers, and cooked chicken to the creamy sauce.

Martha McKinnon
I also turn to pasta for a quick meal and this recipe never fails: *sundried tomatoes *fresh basil *garlic *olive oil Just saute the garlic, sundried tomatoes, and basil in the olive oil, and toss in some cooked angel hair pasta. If I have a little more time, I add anchovies and/or chopped up zucchini for flavor and texture. Chili flakes also make it better.

Noemi #680112 04/21/11 06:05 AM
S
Shark
Shark
S
One of the simplest pasta dishes I prepare is white pasta.
Just add some of the pasta water to capellini and sprinkle with
PECORINO ROMANO cheese.
We always had this type of pasta during lent when I was a child.
Sundancer
Embroidery Fashions Boutique

Moderated by  Karen - Quick Cook Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.