logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
OP Offline
A
I can only imagine the cases they might have. I am sure I could not do their job. It has to be heartbreaking. I told the counselor we were willing to meet social services any time and I told her that my priority was my daughter's well being and I would do whatever was needed to figure this all out. The turning point for me was on Thursday, when I met with the other girl's mom, and she kept talking about social services coming to the house and how sick it made her. Then, she told me that her daughter hadn't even told her what had happened yet. I knew right then how lucky I was that my daughter communicates with me and I vowed to welcome any help and intervention that was made available to us. Thanks so much for being here ladies, as a single mom in a small town, I haven't had many people to confide in, and having this forum as a sounding board, and having all of your responses has surely helped.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
althearose,
I am so happy to hear that your daughter has talked to her counselor at school and that the wheels are truly in motion. You have empowered your daughter by allowing her to use her voice to speak up for her rights and concerns. You are to be applauded on putting your daughter first!

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the support. My daughter is doing well, but yesterday she did not want to go to school at all, so I kept her home with me. Today she is back at school, and I am proud of her, but it is hard for her as the other girl is in her class. Any ideas on what to do? I am finding myself angry (I keep it to myself) that my daughter has to go through this, and there appears to be no consequences for the other girl. Sometimes I feel like I want to pull her out and homeschool her, but know this is not the answer. Any ideas?

T
T
I had just read your topic of your daughter being abused by her eight year old friend. Well 3 days ago my daughter came and told me what her friend (8 years as well ) has been doing to her. instead of a game she would tell her that bestfriends always touch eachother and its ok, dont cry but dont tell your mom because i will be mad and punch you, this has been going on for 2 years. So after hearing this I went immedialty to social service and they had told me this was not the first time then i went to the principle and teacher wich they told me that this friend was bulling her at school and was not letting any other girls play with my daughter so they tried to stop this from happening not knowing anything else. Now they have removed my daughter from the class and put her the other class. I am wondering how u dealt with this because im not dealing with this very good. Im sooo sad for my daughter and the other girl because she is only 8 and must of had something done to her but im so mad and ckonfused that i didnt know of this within the 2 years. Any advice would be great???

K
Gecko
Gecko
K
althearose,

I understand your frustration, I would be frustrated as well. When my daughter was younger and in elementary school, she had a boy follow her into the bathroom and touch her inappropriately. I immediately went to the supervisor of the after school program and insisted that something be done. Every day after that, until I heard from them, I questioned them on what was being done to ensure it would not happen again. The supervisor did take it seriously and contacted the boys' parents and the matter was resolved.

My recommendation to you is that you keep going to the principal regarding what changes are being made to ensure she does not have to go through this anymore. I would also question as to whether or not the other child's parents have been notified of what has been happeneing. Have you tried getting your daughter switched to a different class? One of the steps you can take, once you have enough documentation, is to write a letter stating the incidents and questioning what will be done. Then, send it to not only the principal of the school, but also to the superintendent of the school district.

You have every right to be angry about this. Just channel that anger as a 'voice' for your daughter and her safety.

Last edited by kellideister; 03/31/09 11:11 PM.
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
Trinak,

I'm sorry to hear about what your daughter has been enduring from this other girl. It sounds like you have been very proactive in ensuring your daughter's safety at school. I would continue to do exactly what you are doing. My only recommendation is that you document everything that your daughter experiences at school. One of the steps you can take, once you have enough documentation, is to write a letter stating the incidents and questioning what will be done. Then, send it to not only the principal of the school, but also to the superintendent of the school district.

You're doing a great job! It's totally appropriate to be angry and confused at hearing this news. Continue to support your daughter and make her feel safe enough to continue to share these things with you.

Last edited by kellideister; 03/31/09 11:12 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ELS - Child Abuse Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.