Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Vic2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
V

Last edited by Vic2009; 04/23/09 09:13 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Vic,
They can test both ACTH and cortisol level by blood. Years ago when I was getting adrenal testing my then-doctor was first going to have my ACTH and cortisol tested and explained the same thing to me about ACTH going high when its trying to stimulate the adrenal glands if they are hypofunctioning. He instead ordered me the ACTH Stim Test but mine was normal although my starting level (baseline) was lowest normal (adrenal fatigue). I also had a 24 hour urinary cortisol test (usually used to detect elevated cortisol) that was also very low normal result. The low-normals aren't recognized by most doctors as meaning anything. They want to see absolute full blown adrenal insufficiency and won't diagnose subclinical forms of adrenal insufficiency even though they do diagnose subclinical hypothyroidism, borderline diabetes etc...
If you have low-normal adrenal fiunction this will be strong indication of adrenal fatigue. Studies by the U.S.Gov/NIH and other reputable organizations have found consistently low-normal cortisol in conditions like Chronic Fatigue Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Fibromyalgia but they won't refer to it as adrenal fatigue. They will call it mild adrenal insufficiency or hypocortisolemia.
It's also possible you have comorbid CFS as I do. Mine manifests mostly with muscle weakness and post exertion malaise (bad reaction to physical extertion and long recovery time). If this does happen to be the case, don't let that overly concern you because many people recover in 2 to 5 years from CFS (some sooner) and those who have it longer term, as I do, can do things and their doctors can offer treatments to help with symptoms. Some thyroid patients see CFS and FMS (fibromyalgia) resolve over time with thyroid hormone treatment alone.

Keep us posted on the MG and other test results!

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.