Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good god I had no idea white bread could be HALF the cost!! Why in the world would manufacturers charge people less for "more processed" bread? I haven't gotten to a store yet but I'll definitely report in when I do.

This just isn't right. Stores are pushing consumers to buy less-healthy food to save money.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
My favorite bread - 15 Grain is sometimes over $3 a loaf. I treat is as a special treat.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I still haven't made it out to a grocery store because of this darned flu / cold thing I have. I will definitely take notes when I get there! We get a 7 grained bread which I really like - but I have to caveat that we don't eat a lot of bread so it's really a treat when I have it the few times. It's probably different for a household where they eat sandwiches all day long.

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
May I add avacados to your list of high fiber foods...it's one of my favorites..

for 1 cup 150 gms...13 gms carbs...10 gms fiber which equals to 3 grms net carbs. I use them in salads, as a holder for chicken, tuna or egg salad, or just eat them as a veggie. mmmmmm

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
You know, I never really liked avocados, they seem mushy and green to me. But I have trained myself to like carrots, so I will work on avocados. High fiber foods are important!

It really is so worth it to train your tongue to appreciate a wide variety of flavors, it makes eating healthily so much easier. I used to hate mushrooms and I got through that.

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I don't like carrots much either raw or cooked..and avacados are 1/2 the net carbs...that's in my favor. wink Have you ever tried guacamole? It's made with avacados, lime, 1/2 tomato, chilies and cilantro. I used to get the breakfast burrito at one of our local resturants and got guacamole on it. Now on weekends I'll brown the sausage, mix in eggs, chopped onion and shredded jack cheese and serve it with quacamole and some sour cream. It's basically the burrito without the tortilla. Later I'll try it with a locarb tortilla. mmmmmmm Last night chopped up some of the roast beef I had left over and cooked it in some butter with onion and garlic and put a dab of guacamole on it. Was pretty good.

Granny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Yes I'm not a fan of guacamole either. I will have to include that in my "working on avocado" process, to start by including small amounts of it in my mexican food.

The roast beef dish sounds delicious!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Well...nothing says you have to like avacados any more than I have to like carrots. Isn't it nice that we have such a variety of good for us veggies that we can pick and choose things we like so we don't feel deprived.

Granny
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Granny - I really find it *amazingly* helpful that I've learned to like carrots, there are so many dishes you order at restaurants that just come with carrots. I'd have to send it back or starve if I hadn't learned to like them. Now I can eat them. It makes a big difference in the ease of life if you learn to eat the normal foods of life smile

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
If there's a few on top of a salad it's not probem...the dressing drowns them out...haahaha...I'd never order them as a veggie...unfortunately the only place I've ever had an avacado in a restaurant besides in guacamole was in a salad one time in a little out of the way place in Reading.

Granny
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.