Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Its very interesting to know about these facts. Thanks as you have posted this link here for us.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Shark
Shark
S
The other night on the news they mentioned marinating meat before cooking made it healthier. But then they showed footage of someone barbecuing which they said a few months ago was not good for you.
Very confusing information out there.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I have a page on my health & wellness site with healthy BBQ tips. This might help clear up your questions on that.

D
D
Fats are a necessary part of your overall health and the functioning of your body. They are needed to make hormones that run everything in your body and do alot more.
Cutting out fats, especially over a long period of time, is dangerous.
However, you can cut out the "bad" fats entirely and supplement with a "good" fat.
Your body only needs 2 TBsps of fat a day to function properly.
The most superior fat available is Hemp Seed Oil. It is nutritionally superior to Flax Seed oil.
When your body finally receives what it needs from the right fats, many changes occur. Your hormones balance out; you lose weight naturally; aids/corrects immune deficiency diseases and more.
Stay away from junk food and red meats. But you knew that already. A diet high in vegetables and whole grains with the added good fats and your health is rebuilt. Results can be seen in a few weeks; for tougher problems, up to three months.
I urge you all to research the benefits of Hemp Seed Oil.
As always, have joy in your food!

D
D
An important footnote to my above post.
Essential fatty acids, good fats, are essential because your body does not make them, similar to Vitamin C. You must supply them.
If you've been hoping that your diet has supplied the good fats, look at it again, carefully.
How much of your diet includes the bad fats. This causes ill health and disease. It needs to be corrected with a good fat.
The top 3 good fats are in order:
1. Hemp Seed Oil
2. Flax Seed Oil
3. Sea Buckthorn Oil

Olive oil is good to cook with in limited quantities, as the others lose their nutrition with high heat.
Hope this info helps.

S
S
Direct Nutritional Advantage LLC,
Melville, New York

The company is looking for people who have had their Cholesterol recently tested and received unfavorably high results. If you are interested in entering our survey, we will supply free of charge, a 60-day supply of our all-natural supplement XKO3. This is an $80.00 value and all that is asked in return, is for the copies of the documented before and after LDL and triglyceride test results.

Follow these easy steps to lowering your cholesterol to normally healthy levels.

1. Contact Direct Nutritional Advantage at:
Robin@liberatoneadvantage.com
Keith@liberatoneadvantage.com

2. Send or email a copy of your recently tested Cholesterol results along with
your ship to address

3. When you receive your free 60-day supply, closely follow the recommended dosage of 2 to 3 Liquifill capsules daily. Taken before each meal.

4. Upon completion of your 60-day supply, have your cholesterol retested. Send or email a copy of your newly tested and guaranteed lower Cholesterol results

5. When we receive the results and a written testimonial we will send you anther 60 supply free of charge!

As a potent antioxidant formula, XKO3 delivers to reduce cholesterol, help balance blood sugar and prevent free radical damage. Originally the product was marketed for athletes who maintain elevated free radical levels associated with over training and minor injuries, but word quickly spread about the formulas apparent other benefits. If your any age, from any walk of life, you could take advantage of this unique all natural supplement.

N
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
N
Hi,

The interesting thing I found when I was researching fats years ago was that the best health benefits--or at least, the only well-researched health benefits--of omega-3 fatty acids seem to come from eating fish in its fishy form. As in, salmon on your plate. At least, according to the research I came across years ago.

If I remember correctly, there's not as much research to support the plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids actually helping with heart disease, stroke, etc. Or even fish oil capsules. But that doesn't stop me from taking them. ;-) Does anyone know of any research that actually says taking flaxseed oil and such has an effect on your health?

I did write an article on how to get omega-3 fatty acids into your diet, focusing on foods rather than supplements:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

#472807 12/02/08 03:29 PM
N
N
I've recently started to do a lot of cooking with Coconut Oil. It contains healthy medium chain triglycerides. It also holds up very well to high heat.

I think you need to keep your oil fresh and be careful when cooking with it as when oil gets heated, some of can become hydrated which means that it turns into the dreaded trans-fat which is the worse type of fat around. If you use a deep fat fryer, change the oil quite frequently and do not leave it in the pan.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
H
H
Extra Virgin Coconut oil is very safe to use both for cooking and weight loss. Even though the saturated fat content is high, it is the form of this saturated fat that makes the difference. Without going into the Biochemistry of fat suffice it to say that when this source of fat is used there is no danger of it causing heart disease or stroke. Because of the degree of saturation in Extra Virgin Coconut oil there is no oxidation of the fat when it is heated. As fat oxidizes it forms free radicals and when these free radicals come in contact with healthy cholesterol in the body it causes the cholesterol to oxidize and as the concentration of oxidized cholesterol increases cardiovascular disease will develop.

Last edited by Health Nut; 03/13/09 04:21 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Moss - Nutrition Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.