logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#481333 01/03/09 11:46 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Is this a slow time for auctions on eBay right now or something (meaning the period immediately following Christmas)? Some items I have on there that normally do very well are at lower prices or no bids. Strange...

Kevin Thorburn
Ice Hockey
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I'm not a huge E-bay person, but I would think it just makes sense that it would slow down right now.

There is a huge buying flux right before Christmas when people are trying to find that "perfect gift", but after Christmas, everyone is hitting the stores where there are huge sales going on from the stores trying to get rid of their inventory.

It just doesn't seem oike E-bay could keep up with that.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I thought of that, but with collectible items such as coins (that's what I have on eBay right now), the collectors usually have the money when hard to find items become available. Often, it is the times when you think this isn't when something should be sold on auction that turn out to provide the best return. Oh well, I'll wait and see what happens when the auctions close.

It's funny because I checked on Christmas day and New Year's Eve - times when you would think there wouldn't be many on eBay - to see if there were a few "deals" available, but everything was closing at good prices.

Kevin Thorburn
Ice Hockey
Shark
Shark
Oddly, I did better on eBay in January than I did in December. Loads better - not just a bit better.

February was rubbish and I'm just hoping things will pick up now we're in March.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I was doing a lot of ebay stuff near the end of last year but I just got too busy with "life" to do anything at all on ebay these past few months. I wonder if lots of people are like that - they're busy finding a job or trying to keep their job or so on and aren't hanging out on ebay.

I have stuff here I need to ebay - I just don't have time to deal with it right now.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
K
K
The biggest problem that I have is that our post office has changed their hours. The only time I can get there now is on a saturday morning. They are nearly as bad as the bank! This means that I have put off listing items lately. I'll have to find some way around this and soon!

Kim O�Shea
Online Auctions

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.