Print Thread
Page 31 of 32 1 2 29 30 31 32
LKBF #521390 05/18/09 10:32 AM
G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Good morning ladies.

Yep, it's hop on the wagon Monday again. We can do it.

Lynne, nice to see you in here! Yes, we were brokenhearted re. Danny too. DD sobbed. She's 12. Oh, the drama. LOL

Janis, are you ok, buddy? I hope you're not having health issues again. Yikes!

Laura, let's get serious with this thing. You did very nicely over the weekend. Especially compared to me. smile Let's not even go there. *smacks forehead*

I lost one pound last week so I want to lose ONE more before school ends on June 5. I am such a sloooooow loser so I'm gonna have to step it up.

So, Miss Laura, are you ready for an exercise challenge? If you will commit to doing some sort of exercise today, I will join you. What say you?

I'm glad you got to spend some time with your DH. Hopefully you'll hear something on the house soon.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Hi ladies! smile

I'm sorry I've been missing. I must have slept wrong and woke up Friday morning with a sore shoulder. By the end of that day, I was in agony! It was a severe case of bursitis and there was no way I could get on the computer and hold my arm up in order to type! I was in agony Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday. Pain pills didn't touch the pain and I took them all day long Saturday. Finally, I was able to get in the shower Sunday evening and get my hair washed! I was only taking quick showers because there was no way I could get my arm up to wash my hair. I felt so gross come Sunday night that I decided, pain or not, I was going to get all of me clean. I did sleep much better last night and this morning I'm feeling almost back to normal. A little pain is left but that's nothing compared to what it was.

My good eating went right out the window over the weekend, too. I guess someone in constant pain needs comfort food, right? Well, that's my excuse anyway! I'm right back at it today, though. I'm angry that I went overboard the past 2 days, but I guess it was good to get it out of my system.

Brenda, I would love it if you sent me Danny's video's. Please do!

Laura, we were up to 104 yesterday. Yuck! Nothing like sitting completely still and still feeling sticky with sweat! I put the fan on in my room for the first time this year and woke up with a headache.

Lynne, it's nice to see you pop in again. I was wondering where you were.

Well, I've got laundry to do today, plus I'm almost done with my 4th and final book of the Twilight saga. I'll be sad to see it over. The funny thing is my mom was telling my sister about the books I've been reading, so Jackied came over last Sunday and picked up the first book from me. Well, a few days later, she called in the morning and said she'd be over after work to pick up the second book. Now she's hooked, too. She called me yesterday and asked how far I was on the 4th book because she's almost ready to start on the 3rd. I guess she's hoping I'll be done with the 4th by the time she's ready for it.

I must say, these books have done wonders in keeping my mind off all the stuff I was stressing about. So in that respect, it's been good for me. I'll be sad when it's over, though. I never though I would enjoy it this much.

Hope you all are having a good day! I'll pop back in later on!

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Originally Posted By: Gilded Lily
Laura, let's get serious with this thing. You did very nicely over the weekend. Especially compared to me. smile Let's not even go there. *smacks forehead*
I wish you would though, because I'd like to hear your idea of a "bad" weekend, just to put it into perspective.

Quote:
I lost one pound last week so I want to lose ONE more before school ends on June 5. I am such a sloooooow loser so I'm gonna have to step it up.
One pound is still a loss! I would take "slow" over "not at all" any day of the week. laugh

Quote:
So, Miss Laura, are you ready for an exercise challenge? If you will commit to doing some sort of exercise today, I will join you. What say you?
I didn't see this until just now, (7pm) but I did get a lot of running around done today. Made 6 stops, so that's 6 times in and out of the truck, and walking in, out and around stores. UGH. I was tired when I got back!

I'll be quite busy tomorrow too with some fun stuff, and some work. That may have to be my exercise for tomorrow.

Janis, I am so sorry to hear about your arm! Sounds like you were in an awful amount of pain! (((hugs))) I would've been scarfing down food if it were me. laugh

LKBF #521453 05/18/09 07:19 PM
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Janis, did you not have to have the air conditioning on at all yet this year? (I know you have a swamp cooler, but that's kinda the same thing right?) We run ours year-round. We are lucky to always have a great breeze here though, for when we're outside. This place is great for that.

LKBF #521477 05/18/09 09:34 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OK guys. What is a swamp cooler? - For us northerners. smile

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Laura, nope, we only need the swamp cooler starting a little bit in April and it goes mostly through October. Of course, during the summer months, it runs nonstop, day and night, for months. Thankfully they're built for that. Back in April, when the weather turns extra warm, we change the pads in it and clean it out really well so that we're prepared for when the heat really settles in.

Lynne, a swamp cooler uses evaporation to cool the house. It's like a large cage attached to the side of the house or the roof and in the middle of it is a round turning thing that probably resembles what hampsters run around on. laugh This wheel spins around really fast and sucks in the air from the outside and blows it into the house. The sides of the cage have these pads that are held in by metal sides and water trickles down over the pads, causing them to be damp so that when the air is sucked through them, it cools the air. This works great if you live a very dry climate. Sometimes we almost get froze out of the house by it, but when it's humid (or pumid, as I like to call it), it doesn't work well at all. And we have no other air conditioner because our house was built in the 50's and to put central air in would cost at least $10,000. Our weather is now much more humid than it has ever been and I feel like I suffer most of the summer because not only does our house get up to 84 degrees, but it's suffy in here. Yuck! Thank goodness my sister has a pool! laugh

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Good morning ladies! smile

It's going to be a hot one here today. Already in the 80's at only 8:30 this morning. Yuck!

We've got men here trimming our tree in the back yard because one of the limbs broke and almost took out the telephone line. One of them reminds me of a young Rick. Tall and gangly with a pony tail down his back. Ahhh, the good old days! laugh Or maybe that should read...what is the matter with my taste in men? Always did like the unkept ones best. blush Put a clean cut banker type next to a rugged construction worker or a grease monkey and guess which one I'd like. wink

Anyway, I'm in the mood for chicken enchiladas tonight, but I'll have to see if I can work that out. Hayley has a Dr. appointment and I need to go to the store for tortillas.

I'm still doing well on my eating, now that I'm passed the weekend. I stepped on the scale and liked what I saw, but I won't officially believe that until it remains there for another week. Actually, I think I'll weigh myself at the Dr.'s today and that will tell me exactly how much I've lost. Their scale is probably more accurate than mine.

Brenda, when Kris sang Ain't No Sunshine, I was so happy! I loved his version of that song. I love that song anyway! I called until I could hardly keep my eyes open last night. Didn't make it the full 4 hours, though. frown I just couldn't keep my eyes from crossing. I wish him all the best. I did what I could for him.

Hope you all are having a good day today. Talk to you later! smile

Last edited by AutumnBeauty; 05/20/09 11:57 AM.
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Janis, it's hot here too. Should get up to 85 this afternoon. UGH. There goes the electricity bill! We were doin' so good there for a while too. Now with summer upon us, that all goes out the window.

I like all types of men, especially the "banker" types. laugh Construction worker types are cool too. Don't much care for hair when it's *too* long down a guy's back though.

I'm glad you're happy with what you're seeing on the scale. Hopefully that sticks. Guess you'll know soon enough.

Brenda, what are you up to? Are you still doing the Awana thing?

I have had a horrendous week as far as stress and running around goes. It's OVER though, so that's a good thing. I am taking the next two days OFF!

How is your weight loss goin'?

Aren't the final results in for Idol tonight? I don't watch it, but am rooting for Kris anyway. laugh The other guy with his "guyliner" just creeps me out too much. One of the guys on LOST wears it too. The guy who plays Richard. Makes me wonder what these guys would look like without their makeup. smile

Lynne, hope all is well with you. *waves hello*

How do y'all feel about what is goin' on with Nancy Pelosi? Newt Gingrich is now calling for her to resign. I think if her lips are movin', she's LYIN'!

LKBF #522296 05/22/09 10:11 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hello
I watched the season finale of Idol. It was incredible. It was the best musical show I've ever seen. Have you read about all of the BIG stars who were on it? Very enjoyable.

Now I'm sitting in my garage having a garage sale. I'm not sure why I came up with this great idea, but I'm enjoying it so far. Great weather - cool this morning and 80's this afternoon.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Lynne, if you heard a sharp, ear-piercing scream right after the winner of American Idol was announced, that was me! laugh I'm sure my neighbors wondered what was going on in our house. I was just thrilled! What a surprize because I honestly didn't expect the little cutie pie to win since Adam had been tauted since day one. It was thrilling and yes, it was a great show! I really enjoyed it!

Laura, I took Hayley to the Dr. on Wednesday and I got on the scale to see if I'd lost anymore. I'm down 4 more pounds, so that makes 25 pounds down from my highest weight. I'm happy with that! laugh Of course, my friend and I blew it last night by going out to this French Bistro and I ordered Beef Stroganoff, which came in a crusty sour dough bread bowl. Oh my gosh, it was sooooo good! I ate way too much, needless to say, but I'm right back on it today. This is the best I have EVER done in my entire life! I'm determined this time and I've never felt such motivation before, so I know it's the Lord's hand in all of this. Yea, God! smile BTW, Hayley has to get glasses. Her vision is 20/50. Poor baby girl! frown

Brenda, where ye be, girl? What's going on with you? Are you managing to stay on the wagon? And how do you feel about American Idol? You know, Kris ended up getting Danny's votes, so that's why he won. I'm just so happy for him! He's got the sweetest dark eyes. He's just a little fox! laugh And then at the end when he was hugging and his wife and started crying...I got tears in my eyes.

Page 31 of 32 1 2 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.