logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I am currently knitting Sweater with flower motive. :))

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Can you post a picture? Switch to Full Reply Screen. This goes for everyone. I'd love to see what you are knitting.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
D
D
Hi - I am trying to knit a baby afghan and have restarted it 4 times now...there is a part in the directions that I think I am misinterpreting - can anyone help me? thank you

D
D
What does this mean (Repeat of 11 plus 13)? The whole sentence is this; Loosely cast on 145 sts. Begin pattern stitch. (Repeat of 11 plus 13). Then it says to knit rows 1,2 & 3 and then row 4 is a specific pattern - then repeat 1,2 & 3 then the pattern....I have restarted this 4 times now and I think the portion of the instructions in parenthesis is something I need to do, but I have no clue -- can anyone shed some light on this? Thank you so much... :-)

Gecko
Gecko
A repeat of 11 means, there are 11, 11, 11, and so on plus 13 other stitches. So 132 stitches of your cast on are 11 stitches repeated 12 times plus 13 extra stitches.

What is the pattern stitch?

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm knitting "Blankets for Babies," for our local hospital. Pink ones and blue ones, using the "dishrag" method with Sugar & Creme 100% cotton that can be thrown in the washer and dryer. I like the "Angel Blanket" concept, downsized for the parents. That's a cool idea. I'll ask our hospital if they would like something like this. As a scrapbooker, I can see putting one of these on the page with the picture.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Another way to knit a dishcloth with a border is to cast on 4 stiches. At the beginning of each row you knit 2, increase 1, and knit to end. When you get a triangle the size of half your cloth, usually about 40 stitches on the needle, you begin to decrease. At the beginning of each row, k 2, yard over and knit 2 together, knit 2 together without yarn over, and then knit to end. When you get to 4 stitches on the needle, bind off. This is my favorite pattern and the one I make my baby blankets with. I just keep increasing until the blanket is 30 or 36 inches across andn then decrease each row. This makes a wonderful eyelet border. I use either Peaches & Creme or Sugar & Cream because it's 100% cotton. I love my dishcloths. They dry so fast, so they don't get that sour smell. b.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'm making great progress on my scarves for the Indian School. Now that I have over 30 done, I'm taking a bit more time and learning new stitches. I failed at simple ribbing a few times, until I tried it again while watching suspense movies with my husband one evening. I have to thank Al Pacino. I got the rib stitch "programmed" into my brain and fingers during 2 of his movies. I have 3 scarves completed in this stitch. So I'm onto waffle stitch and will attempt cluster rib next. However, this time I'll be prepared with a few movie rentals.

I lucked up in finding several new hats at thrift stores. I had coordinating yarn to make matching scarves, and some of the hats I embellished with pompoms or trim. I've also knitted a few hats with the new set of Boyle interchangeable needles I found at Salvation Army. I have had no problems with them and love the extended taper on the tips. The connection is real smooth, even when using the specialty yarns.

I lucked up again with 2 "buy-out" stores having some of the specialty yarns for only $1. I came home with bags of that! I'm having a great time designing the hats and scarves so that each set will be unique. By the time I finish up with 100 scarves and hopefully 100 matching hats, I can move past the "needle newbie" level to "beginner."

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.