Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: Glenda Sch. nonfiction ed
The main point is to get it down on paper, computer screen, napkin, corner of a tablecloth which you're going to have to cut off and take with you---get it on something! Those thoughts are not warrantied to come back if lost.

I hear you on this one. Get it down on paper by any means necessary. When I was pregnant with my daughter and was caring for my son who was about 2 at the time, I'd clear an area of the living room and roll out a long piece of newspaper print with markers, crayons, finger paints etc. While my son went to town scribbing on one end of the paper, I was on the other end writing down bits and pieces of a story. I'd tear these musings off and staple them to my journal.

Last edited by leahmullen; 03/05/09 12:09 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
I used to keep 3 sided file folders simply labeled "thoughts and ideas." I literally had tons of scraps of paper in that folder. But, it always gave me a place to stuff those tidbits without losing them. I never had to wonder, "Now where should I put this for future use?" When I did want to put the notes somewhere organized, I had them all easily accessible and then filed them where they really were supposed to go.

Glenda Schoonmaker, Nonfiction Editor
Nonfiction Website
Nonfiction Forum
G
G
That post above started out with "That's a terrific idea and great use of your time." When I hit send, I don't know what happened to those two sentences.

Glenda Schoonmaker, Nonfiction Editor
Nonfiction Website
Nonfiction Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I was thinking about this thread when I was at the library yesterday. I read that the average person can say 200-300 words in a minute, but can only write about 20 words a minute.

As I'm not much of a talker, I might not say 300 words in 4 hours! So my writing is faster than my speaking. LOL.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.