Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A
My latest article is a review of 'The Pregnancy Book' by Dr. Sears and it is one of my favorite pregnancy/childbirth books.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Angela England
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Not sure if you are differentiating between pregnancy and birth books, but I think "The Birth Book" and "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" should be required reading (as in maybe they should hand those out in the doctor's office instead of that ridiculous "What to Expect" book.

I think if everyone read those, there'd be a lot more attempts (and successes) at natural birth, and subsequently more success breastfeeding!

I imagine The Pregnancy Book is of equal quality!

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
A
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Nicki - BF & EC Editor
Not sure if you are differentiating between pregnancy and birth books, but I think "The Birth Book" and "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" should be required reading (as in maybe they should hand those out in the doctor's office instead of that ridiculous "What to Expect" book.

I think if everyone read those, there'd be a lot more attempts (and successes) at natural birth, and subsequently more success breastfeeding!

I imagine The Pregnancy Book is of equal quality!

Nicki :-)

Both of those are definately on my list to review soon! The Pregnancy Book and The Birth Book cover much of the same material in the childbirth aspect. But The Pregnancy Book deal with the full nine months of pregnancy, fetal development, etc. While The Birth Book covers more details about the choices women have for childbirth.

Great suggestions Nicki! I hope to be able to share reviews of these soon.

Angela <><

Angela England
N
N
I have two children and read the books about the development of the child during the nine months and then the books about the first year of your childs life after my son was born (1st child) and realized with in the first 6 months that I just needed to live the experience instead of read about it while trying to anticipate what I should be experiencing. I am not negating these books but I really feel that it is important for these books to inform the women and families that they are not the know-all for birthing and pregnancy and that each of our bodies are so beautifully unique and respond in so many different and intricate ways and that the info in the book should just be seen as an outline and the details should be filled in by life. Anyways, as for reviews, have you seen the movie by Ricki Lake titled THe Business of Being Born? I have not yet but I am excited to see what she has to say. Thanks much, Candice www.naturamassage.com

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
She's having a baby - and Im Having a Breakdown by James Douglas Barron

Most preg books are for the moms to be, it gives us tons of advice and help get us through. But what about the guys in our lives? They pretty much get ignored through the whole process and nobody ever hears their worries or concerns.
I found this book when looking for a preg book for myself, and after looking through it and seeing that instead of being factual it kind of had a humar through it. It was based on the authors real experiences. My fiance rarely reads but he loved the book and found the "worries" mentioned in the book were indeed the same as the ones he had himself. The book also guides your man to help you, to make your months of pregnancy easier and enjoyable. It even tells him things to say and not say to a preg wife and to do little things like make you supper.
I even found the book useful myself as it let me in on what he was thinking about everything. I never dreamed a fear of his would actually be that I would love the baby more then him and forget all about him.

I know this book isn't exactly a traditional preg book but I thought I would throw it out there as it was greatly enjoyed by both me and my fiance.

Cavelle Layes
Canadian Culture

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.