logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I wanted to start a discussion to share ideas of what tricks we all have for teaching one child when you have a toddler in the home. My ideas can be read in the article Homeschooling With a Toddler . I would love to read yours.

Tammy Lessick

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I think your suggestions are great. I have a 2 year old and I also try to give him activities that mimic what my older kids are doing. If they're working on worksheets, I'll give him a coloring page. If they're cutting, I'll give him paper and safety scissors. During instruction time, I'll give him an eraser, dry erase markers and a lap sized dry erase board. I think that's his favorite.

I do a lot of hands on work with my kindergartener, so while I'm teaching her I'll let him play with the manipulatives we're using - counting bears, lacing cards, flashcards, alphabet magnets - stuff like that. I think he feels like he's "doing school" too.

I do have a few special toys set aside that I'll pull out during school time and I think it helps to rotate those in and out so they feel new.

I used to try to teach my children during naptime, but I prefer teaching everyone in the morning and giving myself some downtime while my toddler is asleep.

www.successful-homeschooling.com - Information, ideas and inspiration from a homeschool mom!
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for sharing Carletta. I think that involving young children is great. They feel included and important to be "doing" what their older sibling is doing. It is also amazing at the things they pick up on too. Plus, when they are old enough to officially start school, they are already used to your routine.

Tammy Lessick

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.