logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
This thread originally began as a poll-thread that ran from April 2008 to January 2009 and received 5,236 views!!

The results were:

Fatigue-------------------(40%)
Brain Fog----------------(0%)
Weight Control/Gain--(20%)
Anxiety------------------(20%)
Depression--------------(20%)
Joint/Muscle Aches----(0%)

JimLow - Thyroid Health: I too experience a degree of some of the others but I voted "fatigue" as the one I struggle with most.
For example, I get "brain fog" on occasion as well and usually correlates with the fatigue. I also have a difficult time losing weight and not gaining weight, which was not near the problem before I experienced thyroid disease.

skyhaven: I struggle with 5 out of 6 of the symptoms.

pmcgall: Mine is anxiety. I feel like I need to go get in a cave and hide at times, it gets so bad.

jemcu812: Mine is - Fatigue combined with brain fog 88% of the time -- and then one some days I feel like I'm speeding a 100 miles and hour -- but I don't have that anxious feeling.

Stacierae: Brain Fog, and joint/muscle aches for me

GraingerB: for me it's a combination of two, joint/ muscle aches and fatugue. The muscle aches are constant even though I'm on a medication for hypothyroidism. Fatigue comes in second.

Aunty: Fatigue that feels like my bones are water and joint pain. Even though my TSH is about .35

rangersmom541: I struggle with all of them , but fatique and inability to lose weight are the main ones.

Krys: In order of severity: Worst - Fatigue, then Depression, Joint aches, anxiety.

CorgiLover: I have only been on thyroid meds for 2.5 months, but from most bothersome to tolerable, I would say anxiety and irritibility (I hate the feeling), fatigue (I nap daily), brain fog (duh...), muscle aches (I always feel like I just worked out, even though I haven't in about 6 months, sadly), depression (I find it hard to deal with ANY stress), and weight gain (I initially lost some, but it's slowly coming back). *Sigh* Hashi's sucks.

TOB: For me it was the very paiful, fuzzy sensation in the back of my head and neck. Ughh! I hate just thinking about it.

DianeB: Fatigue seems to be the one I am most bothered by. Weight gain has been an issue since first being diagnosed.

Aelanor: Err. Hello! I figured my two cents on the issue wouldn't harm anything, even though they're somewhat late to the party...but I'm not sure what to say, exactly.
Before starting levothyroxine, fatigue took the top spot, followed closely by the double-team of brain fog and anxiety, then the achiness.
On levothyroxine, anxiety blows everything out of the water. The rest of it is still definitely there, but man, it's hard to focus on anything else when you feel like you need to run down the hall screaming for your life. -.-;
So take that as you will. ^^; Kind of happy to see that I'm not weird, although I don't really wish this on anyone...

gtnmylifeback62: Fatigue & muscle/joint pain

Jennifer1987 : I struggle with, Anxiety, fatigue, joint and muscle aches, memory loss, poor concentration, Black rings under my eyes???...Alot more to but des are the main ones!

Add a new reply and tell us what symptoms you continue to struggle with even though you are treated!

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
bump

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
V
V
Fatigue-spacey-and depression...........so hard to deal with all the negatives

Shark
Shark
I've been taking thyroxine since I was 17. I am very sensitive to the cold, am fatigued a lot of the time and do suffer from depression occasionally. I really didn't put these down to my thyroid. It kind of sets my mind to rest a little knowing others experience these symptoms.

Susan Keeping
V
V
For some people switching to Armour may help with some of the symptoms...I still have some symptoms but some are better. I found a good thyroid doctor who goes by how you feel and your body temperature. He says it takes time for your body to turn around and not to drink coffee with you medication it can block absorbtion. If you like to know the name of the doctor I can let you know...people come from all over to see him...he takes insurance and spends time with you...some good books to read are Stop the Thyroid Madness also a website. Talks about adrenal fatigue and low iron. Overcoming Thyroid Disorders by David Brownstein is a good book too.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
victoria jean and Editor-Susan,

Thank you both for contributing to this thread on the problem-symptom subject.
I extend my welcome and is great to have you both.

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
A
A
Coming in late on the tabulations:
My number 1 is fatigue. If I have 2 days in a row where I am going, going, going, it really takes a toll on me. I pretty much have to take the next day to recover. It's a bummer. I have so much I would like to do but my body says "no". Number 2 would be weight gain/control. Brain fog and difficulty concentrating would probably be next.

It took me about 2 years to finally find the right meds for me. I also have a DR that listens to how I feel in addition to what my numbers are.

Yes, I agree, Hashi sucks. Probably one of the hardest things is that most people don't understand or believe there's really anything wrong.

Last edited by aziza; 02/04/09 06:17 PM.
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
aziza,

Thanks for your input on this long running thread.
Fatigue is the major one for me as well and I too have post exertion malaise with extra hard work and activity or if I have prolonged periods of extra stress.
The other two you list are ones I have struggles with as well although the brain fog one has been less frequent for me the past couple of years or so. It does seem to go hand-in-hand with fatigue.

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
bump

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.