logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hi, everyone. I'm the new Drama TV editor and am anxious to get to know everyone.

So, what's your favorite tv drama? The one (or two or three) that you just can't miss?

I'm addicted to "House", "NCIS", "Law & Order", and "Eli Stone" right now. I was sad to see "Jericho" and "Journeyman" canceled as they were previously "not miss" for me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I still love Grey's Anatomy. I love House too. Pretty much I love doctor shows... I don't know why, considering I want to be a lawyer LOL!

Speaking of doctors though, I saw these great documentaries that were produced by the Phoenix Children's Hospital and tell amazing stories of a few kids they've treated. One particular baby has already had about 13 major surgeries and is only a couple years old. He was born with so many complications, he couldn't even leave the hospital until he was over a year old. If you're interested in seeing these incredible stories of survival, the films are at www.pchhandprints.org.

Ooooh I almost forgot, I also do love Gossip Girl... Is that bad?

Oh, we've so gotta bring this thread back up from the depths of the boneyard... Hands down, my favorite drama on TV is Dexter. I don't care if it's on CBS or Showtime, I still love it. Though, I do think Deb loses a bit of her edgy verbal awesomeness when she's edited. As for new shows, I've become a quick fan of Lie to Me and Fringe this season. And Leverage. And then there's still 24 and House that I can't miss. And Burn Notice. And Big Love. And The Tudors. And... I think I watch too much television. Please tell me I'm not alone in that. ;)

"Let your dark passenger come out to play...Be your own nemesis!"

Jen Whitten
Editor, Drama TV
Drama TV
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I have never seen Dexter it must be on Showtime. I do like Burn Notice (except for Fiona).
I like Law and Order SVU. I'm trying to think of more drama tv, but it's escaping me at the moment...I look forward to your articles.

Last edited by Dianne - Unemployment; 02/26/09 08:19 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Thanks, Dianne. I think by definition most shows fall into the category of drama. (If not, guess I'll find out soon.) ;) They re-ran the first season of Dexter on CBS last fall, but I wasn't a big fan of watching it with with all the commercials. (Showtime had me spoiled...big time!) I'm not Fiona's biggest fan either. I like the character well enough, I just don't particularly like the actress much. I've only watched the occasional ep of SVU here and there, but I'm sure I'll be watching more of them now that I've got a good excuse to watch more tv. :D

Jen Whitten
Editor, Drama TV
Drama TV
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
The Fiona character is great, you're right it's just something about that actress....

I started watching 24 last week and unfortunately, I'm hooked!!!
I guess I misunderstood the premise of the show when it first came out.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The biggest problem I have with Fiona on Burn Notice is her weight. This is an obviously beautiful woman, but she is nearly emaciated looking!

Now being a large woman, I have my momenst of "Oooo, I hate her and want her body. But that is not the case here. She is muscular (some) but the time when they went to the pool and she was in the bikini my husband and I were both going "Give her some donuts!"

But I love, love, love Bruce Campbell - so he can make up for any anorexic models on the show as far as I'm concerend. And the Mom - she's a hoot!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
my "Can't miss" faves are:

Nip/Tuck,
Burn Notice,
The Beast,
Sons of Anarchy (when that starts again)
In Plain Sight.

These are definitely shows that I move Heaven and Earth to watch.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: Spirituality&SFFMoviesEd
The biggest problem I have with Fiona on Burn Notice is her weight. This is an obviously beautiful woman, but she is nearly emaciated looking!

Now being a large woman, I have my momenst of "Oooo, I hate her and want her body. But that is not the case here. She is muscular (some) but the time when they went to the pool and she was in the bikini my husband and I were both going "Give her some donuts!"

But I love, love, love Bruce Campbell - so he can make up for any anorexic models on the show as far as I'm concerend. And the Mom - she's a hoot!

Gabrielle Anwar has always been thin and does something called Yoga Hop to keep in shape. I saw once on a website that she can weigh between 90 pounds and 150 pounds. I agree it wouldn't hurt to find a happy medium in there though lol. She was quite beautiful in "Scent of a Woman" where she danced the tango with Al Pacino in the restaurant.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Don't feel bad, Dianne. This is only my 3rd season watching 24. I loved the first season I watched, was lukewarm about last season, but I'm seriously hooked again this season. I was shouting at the TV that I wanted Jack to pull his gun on President Taylor. I think I've been watching a show for too long when I want a rogue agent to pull a gun on the president. :) I think what I like the most about 24 is you can get into it and enjoy it even if you haven't been with it since the beginning.

Jen Whitten
Editor, Drama TV
Drama TV
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.