D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Mrs. P
I just joined your website (not for the prize...lol...) but I like to check out other unemployment sites. Your forum is really cool and very user friendly. Good luck with it and I'll be back to visit you frequently!!!

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 04/29/09 08:11 PM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
Thank you Dianne. The site is new, as you can probably tell. wink It's a work in progress, if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. grin

Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
Mrs. P
I just joined your website (not for the prize...lol...) but I like to check out other unemployment sites. Your forum is really cool and very user friendly. Good luck with it and I'll be back to visit you frequently!!!

The Gifted and Talented Society
http://www.giftedandtalentedsociety.com/
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
As you can tell, it takes awhile to really generate traffic. I've been doing this since November, we get a lot of readers - but not a lot of posters. It takes time for people that are new to forums to get comfortable with posting.

I know some sites like to do games to draw traffic and while that's ok too...I prefer to go the informational route, I might not get many posts but I know they are being read, and I'm good with that...basically anytime I share information I'm usually happy.

Also what other networking sites do you use to promote your site? Linkedin??? A lot use twitter...
The only thing is that forums can be addictive. Usually at night I'm writing articles, I've got Twitter, linkedin, Facebook, Bella Online forums and Soldiers angels forum all up at the same time while spending time with my family and watching tv, while the kids and my husband play guitar hero on another tv...it's crazy - but fun!!! Tonight I'll add your forum to the list. grin I only had a little while to spend on it last night so I didn't get a chance to look at everything that I wanted to read and/or see.

The other thing is that with so many unemployed people a lot are starting websites, blogs and forums so we have to go after the same audience. Oh well just some of my long winded thoughts. I'll see you in the forums!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
M
M
Nothing goes fast enough, but I keep working it on Twitter and Face book. I stay away from Linkedin, because potential employers look at Linkedin and I think the site might cause controversy.

Yes, forums are additive, I belong to several. If I let myself I could stay on them all day.

Your evenings sound a lot like mine. My husband on one side on the couch, me on the other with laptops in our laps. After the kids go to bed of course.

The Gifted and Talented Society
http://www.giftedandtalentedsociety.com/
L
L
Hello there! I've just started an unemployment blog, blog.myjobsearchhelp.com which has a link to my e-book. I hope that my blog turns into a forum of people exchanging job-search stories, unemployment woes, and advice to one another in weathering this economic storm. I would love your candid feedback on my site. I'd like to capitalize on the idea that we are all in this together, anyone can blog this website if they register.

Last edited by Lila25; 05/03/09 08:48 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I agree Lila25 we are definitely in this together. I will check out your site this weekend.

So my question is - there are so many unemployment websites that are now being created, what do you think people are looking for when they are looking for a unemployment site to visit?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
L
L
Thank you so much Diane! I appreciate it, and you ask a great a question. I think people are looking for advice-exchange, and to commiserate about their current state-of-affairs. Extended unemployment, which is the state of so many of us today, definitely causes loneliness and insecurity: "When is this going to end?" When people come to an online unemployment website, they are actively trying to mitigate these feelings. Personally, I want to know that its not just me/I'm not alone and I want to learn from other people's experiences and advice. Thank you again! Lila25

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Mr. Funnyman's site is looking really good with the health insurance added on now too!

10millionpeople.com

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Originally Posted By: Lila25
Hello there!

I've just started an unemployment blog, blog.myjobsearchhelp.com which has a link to my e-book. I hope that my blog turns into a forum of people exchanging job-search stories, unemployment woes, and advice to one another in weathering this economic storm. I would love your candid feedback on my site.

I'd like to capitalize on the idea that we are all in this together, anyone can blog this website if they register.

Hi Lila25,
I finally had a chance to visit your site. I registered and posted a few comments. Great work!!! I'm interested (as always) your thoughts on marketing it for success.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
I'm a newly divorced mother of 2 who is looking for some extra income (my ex left the country with his mistress and havent heard from him in 4 months). I have been answering posts on Craigslist for house work and babysitting, but lately have been creeped out by the people on Craigslist. I started using [url=http://Workstir.com]Workstir.com[/url] cuz it lets me see who I am doing business with. Most of the users are tied to their Facebook profile, which is nice, cuz most people on Facebook use their real name and contact info. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and you'll be seeing me around :) ~Suz

Last edited by SusanJefferies; 05/19/09 03:12 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.