Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I've got a question for anyone that carries a large pocketbook, bookbag or carrybag. Does anyone else have that problem? I carry a large pocketbook that I'm always throwing stuff in that always gets lost. I can't find anything when I'm looking for it, I usually do find it when I don't need it anymore.

I carry 2 totes to work. One tote contains my work and personal stuff. This bag gets out of hand with papers and mail. I tried using the folder system but after awhile the folders get all scrunchy and if I shove it in, it gets in the wrong folder.
The other tote contains my writing stuff (books I'm reading for Bella Online research, training notebook, articles I'm reading, etc.)

I need organizational help here!!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Diane, I carry little "make-up" bags in my personal bag. So loose things are the only things loose like keys.

For my writing I use manilla folders to separate work, kids used pencil bags for paper clips, pens,.

There is no way to avoid scrunching things if the folder isn't removed. I too am never any more organized than this. An accordian folder might help too.

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
J
J
Hi, I also have a love of big bags, which are often overflowing. But to be efficient I always have a RisWallet handy. So if I need to lighten my load quickly, leave the bag in the car, run in for groceries ect, and just twist it on my wrist so I am organized, this also helps when I have a 2 year old on my hip. www.RisWallet.com - converts from wristlet to wrist wallet Hope that helps, Janelle

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
I am constanly looking for "the perfect purse". It has become a joke in my family.

Look for purses with compartments - not hobo bags that are one big pouch - too unorganized (in my opinion).

How about a traveling or rolling briefcase or small luggage case for everything else?

You could also keep a closed file folder case in your trunk - that way, you won't have to carry it anywhere, just take out the folders you will need for the day.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Sitcoms Website
Sitcoms Forum
D
D
I have made a felted purse and in the process also felted some pieces that I could sew inside the purse to hold specific items. This could be done with any purse that has a lining to which you could new little pockets. For example, I have a special place for my cell phone and I always know where it is, can access it when my purse is on my shoulder without looking. There is another pocket (all are open at the top) which holds my check book and pocket calendar, one for my camera and another for my coupons or miscellaneous envelopes. So, I have two pockets on the front and back of the inside of the purse = 4 total. In the middle I have a clear, see-through bag that holds misc items so they are easily accessible and not lost in the purse. Of course, other items end up in this middle part of the bag too. Hope this is helpful!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I try to clear my purse out nightly and take out all change (which gets very heavy!!) My cell, my business cards in a pouch, my wallet. I carry my keys in my pocket of my jacket. I don't wear makeup but I imagine that can go into a pouch. I do carry a little notebook and find that VERY helpful!

I never use checks at all, there was just an article about that in the paper! I will go start a thread in the home finance forum about that.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My mom just bought me 2 more large purses. I'm getting a little better at organizing. Lisa, it's funny when I take out ALL of my change I always need some the next day.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I carry small bags in my bag also, little zip up bags from gift-with-purchase makeup kits, and little satchels I've collected from Goodwill and such.

I never have to search for anything this way. my makeup is in a little bag, my checkbooks, notepad and pens are in another, my change is in a cute little soft change purse, and another bag holds misc stuff like snacks and breath spray.

I keep all my change in my change purse in my bag to use as a weapon if needed. Since it's hefty, if needed I can make fist around it and slug someone in the head, or throw it. So in my case the heaviness here is useful to me. :-) Always plan ahead!

I put my wallet and phone in the little pockets on the inside that most purses come with now.

The keys have a long, colorful lanyard attached so i can always reach in and grab it.

My bag is also large enough to put a book in or folder as I go about my business. For times I really need lots of room to lug papers, I keep an extra tote bag in the car to grab as needed.

Last edited by Jilly; 03/21/09 04:52 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I love the lanyard idea Jilly!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I carry around a lot of stuff, so i have had to make organizing my purse work. I find it comforting to have a little bit of everything I need with me wherever I go. I think it might be part of the mental illness! lol.

Usually I find a bag I really love and then use the hell out of it, and then it falls apart. At that point I go from bag to bag restlessly until I find another I love. I get bags from thrift stores for a few bucks, and my mom and sister are always giving me their old accessories to choose from. I have a lot of bags to pick from at any time.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Jilly, I love how you really make use of your bags!

I carry my keys in my pocket and for skirts that don't have pockets I sew in a pocket with the opening at the waistband.

I use an across the shoulder bag every day. It has an interior pocket for my cell phone. I even carry a thin rain poncho in a half gallon zip lock bag. Here it rains a lot and I hate getting my shoulder wet - too windy to use an umbrella :-(

I do keep a small notebook and also do not carry checks.

I do not need to look in my handbag for anything, can feel me way to the compartment, keep things in the same place all the time.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I carry around a lot of stuff, so i have had to make organizing my purse work. I find it comforting to have a little bit of everything I need with me wherever I go. I think it might be part of the mental illness! lol.

Usually I find a bag I really love and then use the hell out of it, and then it falls apart. At that point I go from bag to bag restlessly until I find another I love. I get bags from thrift stores for a few bucks, and my mom and sister are always giving me their old accessories to choose from. I have a lot of bags to pick from at any time.

yes. our emotional instability requires little piles of 'stuff' around so we feel more secure.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I figured out which handbag I wanted to use from my backup stash of bags - it's large enough to handle a book, but not so large that it's a tote bag. It has lots of structure and places to slot things. It's a used Michael Kors that I found long ago at a goodwill.

So i transferred everything from my more sack-like Fossil bag that my MIL gave me, which really was not working. it was too big and droppy, which on me get sloppy fast and overstuffed.

I can't do the hobo style bags either, even though i like the look, since they are too sloppy and cavernous inside.

Even Dan noticed my 'new' bag and complimented it! he never notices anything as a rule, so it must suit me. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'm still just using my smallish bag I got from etsy... So it seems to fit my lifestyle well. I don't carry much with me and don't wear makeup.

Bob found a cool phone app that stores all his store membership cards. So now he doesn't have to carry those any more. Highly recommended!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Burt -

Depending on a person's job out isn't necessarily insecurity to carry stuff. For example some friends I know need to carry a small camera, a notebook, a pen, a wallet, a set of keys, breath mints, medicine, a small tape recorder, just for starters. It adds up quickly.

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Lisa,

Yes, this is true... If you need to get up and get out to do your job.

My paradigm since 1968 has been running a business out of the house, so a lot of disorganization and clutter is still part of my life today.

Connie and I allow it because it gives us a sense of security.

Most folks were raised to get up and get out to go to work.

This makes you more organized and prepared for the outer world.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Burt -

It probably all depends on what you do for work. Several of my friends run local / newsy websites, so they work from home - and they have to go out daily to cover stories. So the list I was quoting was from one of them who does work from home smile

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Lisa -

Yes, long before the web existed as a viable commercial format i.e. 1968 we were running a mobile home park from the home attached to the property -- then we shifted to a motel business which has the living quarters attached.

We end up having tools in the bathroom closet where towels should be !

Blessed Connie, it drives her crazy ! smile !!

But, we do what we can.

We have a house separate now, but old habits are hard to break.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Hey Burt, you do the best you can with what you've got. Connie sounds like a wonderful lady!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks Cassie67 smile

My Mom suffered from depression and it came through my grandma and aunt on both sides of the family.

Every time I suggest a professional organizer Connie just about is ready to kill me!

So, even though I try and succeed many times, I go through a lot of Woe is me... I have bi-polar since age 16 in 1977.

Last edited by Burt B.; 03/13/12 11:19 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Burt -

My great-grandmother, my grandmother, and my father all suffered from depression, so it can be rough. Part of it is that the parent raises the child and then affects the child along the way too.

If the idea of a professional organizer is stressful, maybe try just thinking about a tiny bit of organizing on a given day. Just one small area that will make you smile smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
One thing I do with my purse is something Flylady suggested. Every Friday I do a purse cleanout. I do carry a lot of things in there for emergencies (lighter, matches, food bars, extra meds, hand lotion, etc), but I don't have any trash or extraneous crud in there.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
A weekly cleanout is a great idea!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.