logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I have plans of visiting Montreal in a few days. I have to be there to arrange for my company�s event in the city. There would be some important guests and company executives. I have been asked to make some prior arrangements and so the thing I am concerned about is managing the traveling within the city. I know of some services that are worth a look, but if you people have any better options or sources for that, please let me know.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Actually, I have never been to Montreal, but I have been to Canada a few times. Here is my advice.
Customs in Canada: My experiences have been consistently very bad. Not that customs is fun anywhere, but my experiences upon entry have been notable bad, and my colleagues report the same. Hopefully you and your guests/execs won�t have that experience but if you think it is worth it to put the word out, do so. Especially if there are some attendees who have never traveled to another country. Have them make sure all their documentation is organized (passport, etc.) before they get to the agent, and tell them to be ready for the usual questions: Why are you here? What will you be doing? Where will you be staying? Where can you be reached?

As for traveling around a city I have never been to, the first call I make is to the concierge where you are staying, but do it before you get there so you can do some additional research on their advice. Find out what your options are, and then depending on the crowd you are entertaining, make your choice. If you are hosting people who are not necessarily flexible, public transportation is probably not a good option, with the exception of taxis. I like Sandrabullock's luxury car suggestion.
I have heard teh subway/train system in Montreal is excellentand easy to follow.
Let us know how it goes!!!

Last edited by Julia Biz Travel Editor; 02/20/09 07:08 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.