Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hey Kimmie!!!

You're more than welcome. I think it's a good thing to be able to have some versatility. I think or many it can be easy to get stuck with a big 'to-do' list instead of taking it one step at a time.

So long as you're going in the right direction of making healthier choices in your life you'll be able to look back one day and say, "Wow! I don't quite know how I got this far, but I'm here now and I glad about it." grin

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
I already eat a ton of vegetables with a wide variety, but I am going to aim to add even more "obscure" veggies into the mix so I can write them up for my visitors. The more options people have, the better!

We do eat meat occasionally, although the amount lessens every year. I am going to continue in a healthy eating direction by aiming to ensure any meat I do eat is organic / free range / etc. With the long term goal of phasing it out eventually.

I need to drink more water still!
That's great Lisa! How's that going for you? What obscure veggies have caught your eye?

I was recently at one of the farmer's markets out here and picked up a [I don't know if I'm spelling this correctly] 'gugutz'
but it was very interesting. It had a crisp green flavor and the farmer told me that they grow it in Italy and they tend to eat it raw. I don't know the nutritional benefits to it yet confused , nor did the farmer blush , but we ate it, it wasn't gross sick and we loved the experience. wink

Please let us know what you're tasting and share some pics if you have'm! smile

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
You are quite adventurous Jason. I'm so much a picky eater. blush

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Kimmie08
You are quite adventurous Jason. I'm so much a picky eater. blush

Hey Kimmie!

That's when it gets fun! crazy

I want to challenge you and the rest of the comunity out there to try a new, totally foreign or unfamiliar food out there. Explore it, see what you like or don't like about it, and then... try it different ways before you make a judgement on it.

This has helped me expand my food repetoire and discover many more likes than dislikes.

I was told by one of my youth pastors that it's not that we don't 'like' a food... it's that we haven't tasted it prepared in a way that we like.

I've found that statement to be true over the years.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.