logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Jeanette - Editor
I finished the book a few nights ago. I am still left wondering why this tracker picked out Bella. Maybe I need to go read it again. I was expecting a lot more action out of the scene where the Cullens came to save her at the dance studio. That was a little disappointing.

The tracker picked her out because she was a human (probably the first they encountered since they arrived) and Edward and the rest of the Cullens put up such a fuss about staying away from her. Also this band of vampires isn't as civilized as the Cullens are.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
1. In chapter 2, What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her? I think I mentioned this once before that I thought the difference had to do with a feeding.

2. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her? She mentions more than once that she can't dance and with her penchant for injuring herself it was better to be safe than bruised and embarrassed. I think none of the boys appeal to her because Edward is the first one to catch her eye. He's more mysterious while the other boys are like every other boy at every other school she has been to.

3. Why do you think Bella didn't run for her life when Jacob told her the story of "the cold ones"? Would you have reacted the same way? I think at this point she already suspected Edward's true nature and Jacob's story just solidified her thinking. I like to think I would have reacted the same way.

4. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? Were you as surprised as I was that he didn't hurt them? I wasn't worried until she had really turned off the beaten path. I was surprised that he didn't try to scare them in some way but I guess he had to protect his cover as well. And I think he did imply that he would have ripped them to shreds had he come face to face with them.

5. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? It was so obvious to me that they were going to the prom. What was weird was Jacob spouting half a foot.

6. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? Are you dying to get the next book and dive in? It was confusing and I had to read it over a few times. But I decided that Edward was very adamant that he wouldn't give in that easy.

Overall, I thought the book was awesome and have already started reading New Moon.

S
Shark
Shark
S
1. In chapter 2, What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her
I think Edward was out to prove to Bella that he could be aloof. Didn't change my thoughts at all. Edward was attracted to Bella,
2. Why do you think Bella doesn't want to go to the spring dance? She could easily just have said to anyone, "Let's just go as friends". Why is it that from day one, none of the boys appealed to her
None of the other boys appealed to her because she was not intersted in having a relaltionship,
]3. Why do you think Bella didn't run for her life when Jacob told her the story of "the cold ones"? Would you have reacted the same way?
I don't think Bella believed what Jacob was telling her. Bella felt it was a superstition.
Not me..I believe in the supernatural..I would have believed him.
4. At what point were you worried for Bella's safety with the thugs? Or did you have some idea that Edward would show up just in the nick of time? Were you as surprised as I was that he didn't hurt them
I knew Bella would not get hurt. I also knew Edward wouldn't do anything to them because he valued his family and would not do anyting to bring attention to them.
5. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
Yes, I did. I didn't have anything in mind.
6. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there.
I did not assume that Edward bit her. I felt that Edward loves Bella and does not want her to experience any of the pain of being a vampire.
Love this book..and am having hard time not reading on..already read the second book..and well into the third book.

Tiger
Tiger
Well, I have continued on in the series and am about 3/4 through New Moon. It's good but not as good as the first. I'm feeling a bit Edward-deprived with this one. smile

Cheers everyone. It's been fun.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks for participating Moe! I hope you will join us more in the future.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Tiger
Tiger
Thanks for having me Jeanette. It was fun. Maybe after I get off my Twilight phase I'll join in on another one. LOL. I'm on book three!

S
Shark
Shark
S
*DELETED FOR SPAM*

i think your acocunt has been hacked sundancer

Last edited by Jeanette - Editor; 03/04/09 10:46 AM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jeanette - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.