Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I just read through chapter 10 so far.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I am to chapter 8 and am really enjoying the book better then i expected. I am very curious now after reading Bella's conversation with Jacob about "the cold people" and her dream that night.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Jeanette - Editor
How far along is everyone now??

I stayed up WAY too late Wednesday night and finished it. I just couldn't stop - I have always been terrible at spreading books out over time, lol. I am forcing myself not to buy the next one for awhile, otherwise I will get nothing else done.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
if i had about 3 hours of nothing to do, i could finish this easily! I really like it that much

I am on chapter 8....moving right along.

Tiger
Tiger
I tried to post last night but apparently there's a wireless button on my lap top that I managed to switch off while I was trying to post. The blonde moments are endless.

I stayed up to five am reading it. I just couldn't put it down. I kept coming up with an excuse to read another chapter. I'm not done. Chapter 14 is next. I'm afraid to start reading tonight as I might have a repeat of last night.

My husband got up this morning and shook his head. I said, "I'm such a girl." I was totally sucked (pun intended) into the book and the relationship between Edward and Bella.

Does anyone else (who hasn't read to the end) think Edward watches her sleep at night? The window that opens easily even though she has never used it and other comments about her sleeping make me think so.

I also noticed that "twilight" was mentioned 2 - 3 times.

Since last night I was able to answer my own question. I haven't decided if it is more of a predatory action or not. But I like it. LOL. Except I snore like a freight train and wouldn't want anyone watching me while I sleep.

S
Shark
Shark
S
I cannot put the book down either...

Last edited by sundancer; 02/15/09 09:05 AM.
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I like the book a lot. I just finished up chapter 11 and I will probably get into it later and not be able to put it down. Now that I've been reading the book I want to see the movie when I'm finished. I know it won't be as good, a movie can never compete with the book, they have to leave so much out. But, I still wanna see it. wink

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
THIS MAY CONTAIN A SPOILER TO SOME SO BE FOREWARNED!!!!

I absolutely love the part in Bella's room when they get back from spending the day in the meadow. It is so sweet and touching yet the obsession they begin to develop with each other is creepy at the same time. Although, the boy I was dating as a teenager, he and i became obsessed with each other as well so I can identify with them there. The descriptions of where Edward and his "siblings" makes sense. While reading it though, I asked myself, what are they going to do as time goes on? How oftern and in how many places can they relocate before something goes wrong? How long can Carlisle really be a doctor until people become suspicious that he doesn't age? I don't care what Stephen King thinks, this is a good book!

S
Shark
Shark
S
I have to admit I really like this book too..so much that I already read the whole thing, the second one and now am on the third one. I do get carried away.
The only thing I don't like very much is how Bella's parents are depicted. Just my opinion.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jeanette - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.