logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Im just wondering how many people suffer from anxiety with hypothyroidism. With me its intruding thoughts that make no sense! Iv got this anxious feeling most of the time! Im on my meds (eltroxin) 5 weeks now and its still there! Anyone else suffer like me???? Do ye get racinh thoughts with yer hypothyroidism?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Jennifer,

I've related some about my experience with anxiety from my hypothyroidism but wanted to add that mine can flare up with dose adjustments as well. Both when I need a dose increase and when I'm adjusting to a increase already administered by my Doc, I can experience phases of anxiety.
The intrusive thoughts aspect is sometimes referred to as "catasrophic thinking" or the "what ifs". It is common with anxiety conditions and is not harmful or dangerous. People find they have fearful thoughts of losing control or becoming violent but the very fact that you fear these, means you will not do them.
Here are a couple of links you might find interesting:

"For other people, it is the fear that losing all control proves they are crazy and may have to be institutionalized. Actually, the fact that you think you could "lose control" guarantees that this is not really possible." (Thomas A. Richards, Ph.D.,
Psychologist)
LINK>>BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health
V
V
Jennifer, Anxiety was one of my first symptoms...I know how bad it can be...I too felt worse starting medication and kept telling my family doctor I didn't want to take it. It was synthroid. Finally after getting to the right doctor and getting on enough medication my anxiety is gone. I take Armour. It took a long time because your adrenals could be exhausted which also causes anxiety. I"m not saying synthyroid doesn't work I have a sister who does great on it after Graves Disease when she was 17. It was not good for me. Have faith you will get better.

Shark
Shark
Same here, severe anxiety with the onset of mt Hashimoto's-hypothyroidism and it actually worsened for a few weeks with starting thyroid medication. It wasn't too hard being patient with my treatment however because I was so thankful to receive the diagnosis for what was causing my anxiety and other symptoms.

Jim Lowrance
Thyroid Health

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.