logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Look forward to reading Twilight. Saw the movie.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Erika Lyn Smith ADD & MEC
I might have to borrow the book and join in myself...mom and daughter book clubbing...lol

That is a great idea! Especially if a mom and daughter are struggling with communication. You never know what will happen if you are reading the book and discussing it together.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
This is all new for me too, so we will learn together how to work in a book club. I figured for now we could all read the first chapter as we wait for everyone to obtain the book. I will post some question for discussion next friday to start some conversations then we can go from there. Does anyone have any suggestions, especially those of you who have done a book club before? I have access to a chatroom area here at BellaOnline.com. We can utilize that as well. Live chat with each other, anyone?

A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Jeanette, we have an online bookclub at work. Of course, we read materials that are related to the workplace including fiction. We read the book. The moderator usually sends out some questions a day or two in advance and then when we meet online we have a lively discussion about the topics. Sometimes we get a bit off topic but the moderator brings us back into focus And sometimes we take a detour but it is related to the book and that seems to be OK.

The chat can be a lot of fun.

Tiger
Tiger
I like the idea of meeting online Jeanette. Very cool. I have also had the book for a while and this is a good excuse to get into it. smile Sorry, I missed your comment about reading the first chapter for next weekend.

Not really twilight related but it made me think of it: Did you see the red bull commercial about a man flying and carrying a woman? Well near the end a cape comes out and he grows teeth. Thought it was funny. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I'll sit this one out. I've read Twilight and disliked it (and the rest of the series).

Megan McConnell
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I got hit hard with a sinus infection and slept for like 2 days. I am back now. I read the first chapter and it was hard to stop!!! The first chapter does what a book should do: drag you in and get you hooked! does everyone have the book or do we need to wait a little longer?

S
Shark
Shark
S
My book hasn't arrived yet. It has been shipped though. So, start. I will catch up. Glad your are feeling better. Yesterday was a wash out for me..slept all day..some kind of bug.

Sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com

Last edited by sundancer; 02/01/09 06:33 AM.
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I think she mentioned that we would start slow and read the first chapter and then pick up speed, probably a 2 or 3 chapters a week with discussion questions etc.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Yes Debbie that is what I had in mind. I am a fast reader especially when I like the book. I am also reading 2 other books for review for the site. One is really good and hard to put down and the other is so so. But that is the good thing about being sick. I can lay in bed or on the couch all day and read while the kids are at school LOL

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jeanette - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.