Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Shark
Shark
S
I remember Naked City..my father did not approve of the name..lol
And I loved the Twilight Zone...used to sneak and watch that one too! Today, I hardly watch tv. Mostly read or put a dvd in. I still watch the World War II movies. How about the soap operas? There was one...I think Dark Shadows...about vampires..or was that a little later?
Sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I think Naked City is the one. I was probably too young to watch the show, but when Mom and Dad were gone...

Twilight Zone was pretty scary too, but most of the time I would watch it anyway. Every once in a while, I had to stop watching an episode because it scared me, and then would remember the show for days. I was around my early teens at the time.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Sundancer,

I did watch Dark Shadows when it first started - actually watched it quite a while. Then it changed, as many shows do, and I stopped. Was it in the 1970's? Or was it later? Was the woman's name Angelique?

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Obviously I am not old enough to have seen those shows during their first run but have enjoyed the re-runs of them. My television viewing really started in the 70's.

Television sure has changed and not in a good way. My fave shows in the 70's were:

All in the Family (that show broke a lot of taboos for television)

MASH

Maude

Adam-12

Emergency

Welcome Back Kotter

Starsky and Hutch

Family Affair

MacMillan and Wife

The F.B.I.

My fave kids shows were:

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

H.R. PufnStuf with Witchiepoo and the boy who had the talking flute. lol.

Fave reruns of the old 50's and 60's shows are:

The Donna Reed Show and Make Room for Daddy

Does anyone remember a short lived prime time cartoon called "Wait till Your Father Gets Home?" I used to love that as well.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
S
Shark
Shark
S
Hi Vance,
Your list of shows made me smile. I still watch Mash reruns. Maude I did not watch much. But, I sometimes catch the Golden Girls on reruns.
Sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com

B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
I really liked Donna Reed and Make Room for Daddy.

I used to rush home from school to watch Dark Shadows every afternoon. I rented the first season DVD's about a year ago to watch. They are SO funny now. Muffed lines and mistakes all through.

I did watch an interview with the stars of it too which explained a lot about why it was a rush job. They never dreamed it would get so big.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Vance,

I watched all the shows you listed except the kids shows. All the adult shows were good. I loved Maude and the Golden Girls, and actually all of the above. Yes, All in the Family was definitely a ground-breaking show. I remember so well the controversy the show stirred. That era was such a great time for me and this list brings back many good memories. Thanks for putting it together.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I signed up for the email alerts from Retrovision and I see they just got the Barney Miller series from 1975 to 1982. I used to love that show. They also got a 1958 show called the Invisible Man.

If you haven't signed up for the Retrovision alerts and you love old TV shows and movies, you should sign up for the alerts. They are free.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.