D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
crazy
Saving money at the grocery store...is there really such a thing? One Sunday I was looking through the paper and decided to try clipping coupons. I spent an hour clipping coupons, put them in a nice neat envelope (I was SO proud of myself...lol) and proceeded to leave them in the car until well past the expiration date.
The effort was an attempt to save money at the grocery store. I remember when, not to long ago, I use to be able to buy a good weeks worth of grocery for under $100. Now I go to the grocery store and already have $100 in my basket before I move out of the hamburger and chicken aisle.
Grocery shopping has definitely become a challenge.
How do you save money at the grocery store?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Dianne, I saw your post and know how you feel about the coupons. I do use them though. I tend to cut out more than I will ever use unless it is a great buy and something I do want to use or try. I usually use a good organizer and keep it in the car. But I do carry it in with me. Sometimes I don't use any and then sometimes I save a bundle with them. I also use the MVP cards which the supermarkets give. I save a bundle there.

I couldn't believe the price of pasta since November. The price generally would run around 99 cents a lb. but it had skyrocketed to $1.45 and more. The other day I saw a good deal and stocked up. It was about 88 cents a lb. I'm set for a couple of months. This is something I use.

You have to be careful in the supermarket. Only buy what you use and look for those coupons. Online, visit the web pages of the brands you like and see if they offer coupons for your favorite products. Sometimes their coupons are more valuable than the ones in the paper.

Good luck.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Angie!!!
How big is the organizer that you use? Is it small enough to put it in your pocketbook?
We love mostaccioli pasta. I use it in everything from cheese and mac to pasta salad,etc...now not only is it hard to find around here but the price went up too. :-)
Using the word "stock up" is an understatement when it comes to my ex-mother in law...she would have cabinets full of groceries. But then it would all go bad before she had a chance to use it. So I try to steer clear of stocking up too often. It's hard to do sometimes when stores are having the 10 for $10 sales.
ohhh great idea on the product web pages for coupons. I never thought about that...I'll give it a whirl...Thanks!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
The organizer is about 6 x 3 more or less and is divided into categories. I like one with lots of categories. It fits into a good size bag (not my little organizer bag). I'm not recommending you order this one but this is what mine looked like before it fell apart.

Here is a link:

Coupon organizer - accessories

Last edited by Angie; 01/06/09 10:04 PM.
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I received an email today from Smead. It was about being organized but there was an item about couponing and saving money.
A coupon organizer can save you money

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
OH my gosh Angie, excellent article. It had me practically rolling on the floor because that one particular paragraph was so me...clipping coupons then forgetting about them.
I'll try this again. Especially since my oldest son is in hard times so I took him to the grocery store and bought him $100 in grocery, then I had to turn around and by another $100 for my house. Crazy!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Unless you really plan ahead, couponing can get out of hand. I prefer an organizer with a lot of categories rather than just a few broad ones where coupons tend to get lost.

I find I can save a few dollars every time I shop - In the old day when the store handed me the money, I would often put it in a bucket at home. Now the coupons are scanned and the price automatically reduced I don't see or feel the reduction.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

The above post is from the COLD FILES.

It may help someone today or have additional comments.

Enjoy smile

Career Aptitude Test
Career Change
Career Coaching Training
Career Counseling

Tiger
Tiger
I use to do the coupon thing but now since I only buy "generic" (usually WalMart) - coupons do not help.

LOL, I have to "remind" myself when the generic does not measure up to my taste buds standards that I am saving money.

When I have a little EXTRA, I will go ahead and splurge and if I am not feeling "lazy" will try to locate a coupon online as I do not subscribe to anything that contains coupons.

One of my goals is to start putting aside any coupons that I know I will be using when I have extra - of course I have yet to make time to do this.

I so admire those coupon folks - my adult daughter is one. She LOVES Publix and has a system figured when she loads up on their "buy one, get one free" sales. Now I love their yogurt, nothing like it has ever measured up for the price. But unless someone is headed that way - WalMart is my only store for right now. And do I HATE the lines = all in the name of saving...

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Actually some generic isn't that bad. I must say I am a avid Walmart shopper though with the 4 Super Walmarts in the 30 mile radius there is only one that I would buy meat from. The rest sell a rather gray looking product.

But, I admit - I love Walmart! One stop shopping for me!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.