Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#483879 01/10/09 11:17 PM
K
OP Offline
K
If you build it, they will come, right?
Next to building the ezine/newsletters, the next hardest thing is building a subscriber list. Let's share our tips

Tip#1
Add your ezine/newsletter to your signature on each and every email you send.

Kristin Peoples, Ezines Editor
Ezines Website
Ezines Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
The problem with building a subscriber list is the scams that you run into on the web with companies that say they have lists waiting for you to buy. It's that click here and buy now thing.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Right the key is that every single person who joins your list should definitely know your site, know your list and really want to be a part of it. Any time you "add" names to your list, you are asking to be sued smile

So definitely the signature idea is great, because that way people are hearing personally from you and this would be your ideal audience.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
K
OP Offline
K
Tip #2
Join social networks and post to them when you post a new article.

Kristin Peoples, Ezines Editor
Ezines Website
Ezines Forum
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I have a fairly new website about elder care and I am just putting together a newsletter. I have very low traffic at this point, but people know the topic before they sign up.

I agree it is difficult to build a list. People are becoming more web-savvy, and also email boxes are becoming overrun with email and newsletters, so it is more difficult to get people to signup in the first place. They must "want" the newsletter and information.

I already have the website itself as a link below my email signature, but that's a great suggestion to place the newsletter link there also.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
This is an excellent suggestion. I write articles for an article site, and found by trial and error that I draw the most readers from Twitter. I have made it a point to join a fair number of social sites and that very definitely does help draw traffic.

Now everytime I write an article on my website or here on BellaOnline, I tweet the url.

I also mention that I am preparing an article or the newsletter, etc. for this site first thing in the a.m. when I am having my first cup of coffee. That laidback comment has also brought in traffic - it's a different time of day and brings other early risers to the site.

Gecko
Gecko
I've just started using Twitter to build my list - I get a tinyurl for Twitter because there are so few characters allowed for each tweet.

I use AWeber to organize my list. I find the double opt-in feature to be helpful. Does anyone else use them?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

I have a website - http://funprintables.info - with loads of free printables BUT people have to sign up for my newsletter to get the username and password to get access to all the free stuff. I've found that people will gladly sign up for your newsletter if you give them something of value for free.

Regards,

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I agree - I think people will readily signup when they can get something for free. I know I do!

I just started using Aweber for a newsletter on my eldercarecafe.net site, but I am really in the early learning stage. Just sent my first newsletter yesterday.

I don't yet have anything free to give away - still thinking about what to offer, but a few people have signed up. I'm sure I would get a lot more subscribers with a free offer.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I tweet everyday, but no one seems to pay attention to my or anyone's messages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Grace-Newsletters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.