Print Thread
#483812 01/10/09 05:45 PM
L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Our Virtiual Guld resumes after the Holiday hiatus.
This is the spot for our January discussions and progress reports.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Hi All,

I got side tracked over the holidays and I haven't finished carding my Cormo for my 3 ply. I've only got one more bobbin to spin up and then am ready to ply. (Christmas gifts had to get finished). Since I was moving way too fast for our virtual guild, I just decided to slow it down a bit, but maybe I slowed it down too slow...grin

Happy New Year to you all...Nikki in Colorado

L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Nope, you're not moving too fast smile

I wound up with a majr problem to resolve which has slowed me way, way down. The roving I had set aside to use for this project turned out to be so full of vm that it was basically unspinnable.
I am having to flick card the vm out before I can spin it. This stuff was given to me and I hadn't really looked at it before starting on this project. Had I known it was so filthy, I would have just junked it. Unfortunately the first color of the stuff I spun was NOT contaminated so I was already moving along well before hitting this bad batch of roving.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
N
N
Good Llyn,

I've changed my mind a dozen times about the original scarf I wanted to make and now am back to the original design...grin. I think it will be a wise choice for my wool/yarn.

Nikki

L
Llyn Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
There are so many interesting patterns available today that it can be hard to chose just one smile

I am thinking of totally scrapping the shawl project (for now) and moving on to something else for my guild project. The problem is that that roving is just so contaminated that cleaning it is producing massive amounts of waste and I don't think that I will have enough clean fibers left to spin the required yardage of the main color. I won't have an opportunity to get more fleece of the same color until late Sept, which doesn't cut it for a project due to be completed in May.

As of now, I have enough time to reconsider the final project for this but I will have to make up my mind very soon.

Llyn - Spinning Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.