Print Thread
#468015 11/13/08 01:32 PM
K
Kimmi08 Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
K
A few weeks ago my daughter was visiting for the weekend from college and we went to a store. As we were getting out of the car, this is what we saw:

a young woman with boy cut panties on that she wore as shorts with a t-shirt. The sight was *&(*^&%^&% sick. I could not believe she had it on. So my daughter and I continued on in the store, following this lady and wondering if someone of authority would stop her or say something. Well, the female managers just looked with much attitude and disgust while the male passerbyers were going absolutely crazy with lust.

I once, even told my daughter that she could not wear the shorts she had on, while going to the store with me. Her shorts weren't exposing the bottom half of her butt but they were too short I thought. I teach my daughters to be "classy" not "assy".

Understand me clearly, I believe we should be allowed to wear what we wanna wear but appropriately. It can really get out of hand here in Texas with the warm temperatares. We may just be plain naked in a few years. What do you think?

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Thankfully, I haven't seen the pajama/slipper ensemble anyplace other than on college campuses. That's bad enough. Lack of a formal dress code does not mean its okay to trek to class in your pj's.

K
Kimmi08 Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
K
Lynne, I'll have to pass this message on to some of my daughter's friends. They say all the time, it's comfy to wear pj's to the mall. That's why I just love the 30-40's movies. The ladies were so classy in dress. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Once a year our local high school has pajama day and the kids love it. It's a fun event around homecoming time but they also have a dress code that goes along with it too.
Luckily I haven't seen anyone out and about in their pajamas otherwise.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Koala
Koala
One of the students working in my office pointed out wearing pajamas is a huge fashion trend, linked to Prada, Vera Wang and some other major designers.

Here's a link to a short article from Trendsetter that gives you some idea of the spread of this trend - Pajamas in Public - Because Prada Said So.

I sincerely hope that its a short-lived trend!

K
Kimmi08 Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
K
Just this past week, I was running out to grab a last minute stick of butter in my own jammies before I took note and my daughter just gave me that cheesy smile. I knew what the smile implied and yes, it is comfy but so is my nightgown and I dare wear that out.

Just reminds me of being young and carefree too.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Much like intimiate apparel, the camisole being one example, became the clothing of choice for some, pajamas may very well become mainstream. I blame the velour sweats which look alright to go to the post office and are so comfy you may find yourself napping in them too.

Although we can justify the comfort level of jammies, showing up in public in what you wore the night before still sends a negative message about the wearer. Much like Kimmie's boy short sporting mall rat, the general consensus is questionable motives.

Why would you wear something that belongs in the bedroom? Comfort and shock value are for television and films when the wearer is following a script and is paid to look inappropriate.

K
Kimmi08 Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
K
Amen. Lisa.

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.