logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I saw two squirrels this morning chasing each other between two trees. One of them was quite upset with the other and was chattering away in an angry tone! My dog had great fun sitting and watching them.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Fox have been coming up a lot lately. Unfortunately many of them have been as roadkill, but perhaps to remind me that my friend Martha keeps retelling me the story about the family of foxes that played with her dogs last year have come back.

Perhaps a phoenix theme?

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Oh and in the gardening forum Lisa has posted a Q of if Lady bugs are good or not...you win a book for the correct answer and they are good.

I love foxes! They are so cute. I have not been out much today so have not seen anything but the woodpeckers again.

Yes - ladybugs are good. I once bought a whole bag of them to put in my rose garden (in San Jose many years ago) and they ate all the aphids.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 01/01/09 09:17 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
I saw a very big black, and partially shimmering fly in my dream last night (I like flies). It was as big as about ten "normal" flies. Someone told me long ago that flies are "the eyes of the goddess".

Dreaming of a fly could also mean that you are recognizing someone's wisdom or intelligence.

I saw another squirrel early this morning. He was scampering across the large lawn area to get to some trees in someone's backyard. My dog wanted to follow him.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Just got home from attending a funeral in NC. While traveling I had hawks with me all along the highway. I must have seen 10 or 12, and one swooped down in front of my car into the median. He came up empty clawed though. The funeral was on Friday and Saturday we cleaned my friend's patio and replenished her bird feeders with seed. The next morning we had an assortment of guests, including a pair of cardinals.

My friend's Mother always loved flowers and to watch the birds around her feeders. I know my friend will enjoy them as well. It was a fitting tribute for my friend's Mother, who brought corn bread to my wedding reception.

I probably need to explain that. Whenever she knew I was coming to the house, my friend's Mother made cornbread and had it warm in the oven. She would frequently say "If you EVER get married, I'm bringing corn bread for the reception." I didn't marry until age 32 (kinda late for a Southern girl). Her cornbread was one of the things I actually remembered eating at our reception.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
We probably crossed each other if you were driving Sunday on 95, dh and I went to Columbia via 26 to see the DaVinci exhibit.

Which reminds me, the last time we went Columbia way (Dec 31st) I saw a doe on the roadside that had its rear facing us. And she wasn't roadkill!

We drove down to Roseville, Calif. yesterday and saw so many eagles and hawks along the way. They were Golden Eagles and Red-Tailed Hawks. So beautiful in flight!

Up in the Sierras there was still a lot of snow and we saw so many cougar and deer tracks but not the elusive cougar or any of the deer.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
My daughter and I drove to her house in Columbia on Sunday and I spent the night there to break up the driving.

I'm so glad you got up to the Museum for the exhibit. I've been to the Museum there a few times and have always enjoyed it. There's always so much to do in SC, and the Edisto Pow-Wow is coming up in March at the Ladson Fair grounds.

While we lived in Charleston, I worked in accounting and income taxes. The Edisto Pow-Wow was my most treasured break during tax season. Those two days always recharged me and helped me make it to April 15th. If you haven't attended yet, try to this year.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.