Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#481573 01/04/09 12:01 AM
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
2009 is here. Did you make any New Year's resolutions? If so consider sharing them here.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
My Goal is that want to be a most beautyful person in this universe.

Shark
Shark
To not sleep with my make up on ^___^ Im so lazy

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My goal....as I am getting older and the skin is getting drier, I'm learning that I need to use lotion more right when I get out the shower to keep my skin softer.
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my feet though...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Drink more water. It keeps the face so fresh.
Apply moisturizer to the delicate areas at night (lips, under eyes, feet and hands)
Maybe, cleanse the inside through detox (ughhhh) or maybe just eat more veggies and fruits with water daily. I'm sure we have all the parts we need to cleanse us effectively.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 01/23/09 01:22 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
S
S
Starting your own home based business is not a dream anymore. The picture perfect hours and the term casual will take on a new meaning when you work from home. Only few people take the time to make certain they have the attitude and skills to make the leap to achieving that home based dream to reality. With so many pitfalls new home based business owners' lack, a top pitfall is a structured discipline schedule. It takes planning the work days and the work hours that will benefit both you when wanting to work from home. When you stick to a stern schedule of discipline you eliminate the stress and problems from under and overworking. Under-working is easy to do and can sneak up on you before you know it. You sit down and turn on the computer and start surfing the web. You have all the intentions to enhance your new website or research, but several hours later you realize you spent most of your time reading emails, catching up on the latest gossip. Knowledge is power! While your were digesting the news, gossip and your funny emails, your knowledge to increase your bank account is still where it was when you first sat down. When you work from home overworking is bound to happen. Simply not sticking to your business hours, will have you fatigued and exhausted. If your business is part time or primarily an online business you will eventually burnout quickly. Good businesses have failed due to burnout. The solution is exact and straight to the point. Be disciplined! Set your daily schedule and stick to it. Writing down the things you want to accomplish and the time it will take to complete each, you can forget the unseen things like emergencies. So include time for your day to day activities like breaks, family, exercise or whatever. Your home based office should be enjoyed while you're still living. Be very detailed with your day, there is no benefit in planning your day to include working on un-named projects. Have a clear-cut daily goal like planning to write articles from start to finish. Know what you what to write about and where it fits in the home based business. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Hey Diane,
yes the feet are something different.

My feet were very dry and flakey. They did not look good, but I figured out wht I needed to do and now they look good.

When you shower scrub your feet too. This is a sloughing action for the skin. A wash cloth is good and even a pouf.

After shower and dried off when you lotion your body, sit down and lotion your feet.

What I have found to work on my feet is Avon's Planet Spa foot and elbow cream. It is fomulated with AHA which aids in revealing the delicate soft skin.

I ran out of my cream and my feet while still not bad does not look as good as when I was using the foot and elbow cream. It also has African Shea butter which helps to retain moisture.

And yes, when you finish your shower your skin is more supple. It is moisturized by your shower and now you need to put something an that will keep that moisture in the skin. Don't give your skin a chance to dry out before applying lotion.

You can also use an oil of some type. I used to use baby oil and apply after my showere before drying off. Then I discovered Avon's Skin So Soft bath oil. Works wonders for the skin after a shower.

I hope this helps. Let me know.

If you are intersted in trying the products above you can check them out here Skin So Soft and Planet Spa's Foot and Elbow Cream.

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Hello Kimme,

Thanks for posting.

All of the above does help tremendously. Beauty I belive begins on the inside. If you feel beautiful on the inside it will shine bright through any other physical flaw you may have.

I will be addressing this part of ethnic beauty in the coming months.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
For the rough skin on the bottom of my feet I actually bought the "Ped Egg" which was advertised on TV. I was standing in line to pay for Christmas purchases and of course the store has them displayed at the cashout. This thing really works wonders. My feet are so smooth after using it.

Its so worth a try and if you can't find it I noticed that Avon is now selling a version of this.

Really good for Diabetics who need to keep their feet in the best shape possible.

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Thank you for your post.

I just wanted to say yes, any of the pedicure tools will help. Such as the pumice stone. I've tried these but I am unbearably ticklish. My husband can't even touch my feet because they are so sensitive. That's why I use a wash cloth and that's using it quickly and effeciently before they realize what's going on.

My feet are like this; the more you do things to them and the longer you do them, the more ticklish they become. Go figure.

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
It is now April a new month. The year is almost half over. How are you doing on your beauty goals or any of your goals for this year?

I have had so many set backs with everything I do that I am no where near accomplishing my goals. Although I have set some new ones.

Things are changing in our household so Im having to deal with a lot of family issues right now. I guess you can say I have to get rid of my time wasters in order to be productive, that includes people that clutter my life, also.

So what about you? What has the new year held for you so far? Have you meet some of your goals or set new ones.

Let's talk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.