logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
The one thing that movitates me to workout is going on a multi-sport fitness vacation that involves all my favorite activites, hiking, bouldering, and kayaking.

I haven't decided where to go this year but I'm thinking Kauai, Grand Canyon, or Montana.

Last year we kayaked Lake Powell, hiked and bouldered in Utah, and hiked the Grand Canyon in one weekend. It was so much fun and knowing how much stamina I would need for this kept me training consistently for months.

My other motivation is music. My favorite site to download free tracks is podrunner.

How do you get and stay motivated?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Unfortunately, what has motivated me lately is midrift bulge!

I'm usually motivated by a friend who is waiting for me to either walk or work out.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Well that's great motivation too and having a workout partner helps in a big way.

Better Homes & Gardens interviewed me about this and asked me to design a workout for them called buddy bootcamp (Sept. 08 issue). I told them that working out with friends makes it more fun and go by so much faster.

Most of the time I workout alone because it fits my schedule better but yesterday I had chance to workout with my sister and sister in law and we had lots of fun.

Sometimes I workout with a boot camp clients who is a firefighter and even though we're both typically very tired we help each other get through the tougher exercises and are more open about trying different things too.

Sometimes I go to yoga with clients who have never tried it before just so they feel comfortable with the whole experience. I've had two people get completely hooked on yoga classes just because I went the one time with them.

Having an exercise buddy is a great thing!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I wish I could find an exercise buddy even if it was someone virtual. I used to belong to Lady of America and I liked attending the classes, what unmotivated me was looking at myself if the mirror while I exercised...yuck...lol...plus the cost was no longer in the budget so I let the membership lapse.
I really need to target the ever growing bulge around my mid section. Every night I say that I'll start in the am...in the am I'm too tired to get out of bed. I thought about walking, but it is kind of cold outside.
Weight watchers helped for about 9 lbs, but as the budget got tighter, the $12 a week was out of the question and most of the women in the class were married so I couldn't really get a connection with them because all they talked about were their husbands...which was fine for them, just not for me.
I did have one buddy though, but she liked to go to Bally's at 5am...the horror...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I work out 4-5 days a week. I suggest getting an i-pod or anything you could play good loud music on. This is a great help while you are working out. My motivation comes from the results that I have seen. My body gets better and better, and this pushes me to move forward.What I do is that I take is as a job, and have my rest days. This also motivates me. Now I was the laziest woman on the planet. Walking to a car was seen as a mission, so if I can, anyone can. Lol.

*Transitions*
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Diane

I'm so laughing at your post because I know tons of people who need exercise buddies and they can't find a good match. I had a friend who wanted me to train with him at 5am. I did that for years for a living but I don't train those horrible hours anymore. I told him he was loco in the head and sorry but he needed to find another buddy.

I'm thinking of starting a free coaching group over at my other site. If you go over there and sign up for my newsletter I'm going to be sending a message about that within the next week or two. You will love the newsletter that's motivating too. I get emails from people all the time about how they get off their butts because I constantly send them workouts and tips and motivation.

The group will be totally free but only for a limited group of people who are serious about getting fit. My list has all kinds of people including younger women, older single women, moms, dads, college dudes. It's a great mix and I think you'll find people you can connect with so head over and subscribe.

Ms D

I think you have a great attitude about seeing it as a job. A job includes having a schedule and tasks and goals and your boss is on your butt if you don't get it done so it's just like that except if you don't have a personal trainer you're the boss. Keep up the good work. And you're right if the lazy people of the world can do it so can anybody!!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Speaking of Lady of America, I went stopped at a grocery store in the same mall today and LOA had actually closed their doors permanently. I was totally shocked!!!
Well Ms. Monica I am absolutely looking forward to your newsletter. Is your other site another Bella site? I want to make sure I'm in the right place because you're probably just the person I need to get up off my...lower region :-)
I get to clicking on things on Bella and totally lose my place.
Just to give you an idea of what I'm working with. I'm 6' tall. I used to weigh 140 lbs. After 3 kids that went up to 199 lbs...well in the past 2 years my weight went to 220, where it stayed until mid Dec '08...now I've moved down to about 210. I would love to get back to about 175.
So I'm ready and willing...as long as it's not at the crack of dawn...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
H
H
If I don't exercise at least 5 days a week, I feel so sluggish. It also helps reduce my stress levels. Since having my daughter a couple of years ago, my mommy tummy is a huge motivator. I'm new here so I'll have to check out your site and subscribe to your newsletter. I'm always looking for new exercise tips.

Heather Davis
Reality TV Editor

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Monica,
I found them both Exercise and Weightloss (which had a totally inspiring post by the way). I am now signed up for both of your newsletters!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
I am motivated to keep my health club membership because I wish to stay healthy and live a long life.I goto the club 3 times a week,1 day on the weekend.I eat right,walk,do some swimming,and just take care of myself.I am not a health nut,but I do like to make sure I am healthy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.