logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
OP Offline
H
Hey everyone! I'm Heather and I'm the new Reality TV Editor for Bella Online. I look forward to getting to know everyone and share the love of reality tv with you all!

It is so hard for me to narrow down my favorite show but I really enjoy Jon & Kate Plus 8 and The Girls Next Door (what a combination). I'm looking forward to the Bachelor too which starts its new season on Monday!

So what is your favorite reality tv show?

Heather Davis
Reality TV Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
I guess I will say Survivor. Jeff Probst is kinda cute and those games that they think up to play - GREAT!

If someone is an activities director or is in charge of games at company picnics - they should try some of them.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Sitcoms Website
Sitcoms Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Welcome!!!
I have a few...
Top Chef...The Biggest Loser...definitely Hell's Kitchen...and the new one that started the other night Momma's Boys - I think it's called...that show is TOO funny.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Welcome to Bella.

I don't watch very much RealityTV. I probably haven't seen most of what is available. As many years as Survivor has been on, I have never seen it. I am however, hooked on American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. I like Project Runway, but don't care if I miss it sometimes. Will Jay Leno's new project fall in the category of Reality or does Reality mean contest?

Again Heather, Welcome and I hope you have a long future here.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Gecko
Gecko
I don't watch reality shows. I think they are the sorriest and worse form of entertainment to be broadcast on TV. When no on ecan think of writing anything then they come up with "reality". I think I deal with plenty of reality in my own personal life. I am waiting TVLand. TV has become B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!

Last edited by rdywenur; 01/01/09 12:49 AM.
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks so much for the welcome everyone! I like all of those shows as well. Big Brother is another fave of mine! I'm so excited for American Idol to start up too! So much fun.

GrannyH, there are a lot of reality shows that aren't contests. I'm not really sure what Jay Leno is up to with his project. I'll have to go check into it though.

Have any of you seen commercials for the "Beauty Contest" that is coming on after The Bachelor. It looks like it might be funny too.

What channel does Momma's Boys come on? That sounds interesting.

P.S I think Jeff Probst is cute too. lol!

Heather Davis
Reality TV Editor

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Momma's Boy's comes on Monday nights and I was surprised that it was on network television, NBC I think. Watching the overprotective mom's is pretty funny, though I'm not sure that they're supposed to be.
I think reality shows REALLY made it big during the writers strikes because they didn't really need a script. I really love the cooking one's because I like to watch the recipes they put together. As a matter of fact, my sister bought the Top Chef cookbook for me for Christmas. It's fascinating!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Momma's Boy is another one I don't watch, but I think you're right about it being NBC. There were several episode of it on BRAVO tonight. NBC and BRAVO are sister networks, but isn't this show brand new? I don't understand the repeating so soon, even if today is a holiday.

I also think you are right about reality shows being a result of the Writer's strike, but the strike of many years ago - back when Survivor started. The most recent strike just added to the numbers. I don't know where all the writers went after the strike, but I don't think they returned to TV.

I'm sure I don't know the criteria for being called "reality". I mentioned Jay's new project above; it is planned to be a primetime talk show. Rosie just started a primetime variety show. I don't know if that is making it, or even still one. Are either of them called "reality"?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
One of my favorites Hell's Kitchen starts a new season on January 29th. I hope the contestants are better then they were last time. They were SO annoying!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
B
B
My all time favorite is Survivor. I will watch most of the reality shows that are on tv, they show them over & over. I'm waiting for I love Money 2, I think it's funny to see what they will do for money. I'm also watching Real World Brooklyn. I live in staten Island, right over the bridge from Brooklyn. I try to see if I know any of the places they go to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Katy- RealityTV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.