Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hey Granny, brrr....-40!!!! Are you from there? I don't think I could take all that cold! We are about 4 hrs from Tulsa. No snow for us but it has been cooler. A few days ago it warmed up some. Yesterday was in the low 50s so that was a treat.

Mary Jayne is 18 months and Tiffany is 4. She goes to preK now and loves to go to school. My youngest son hated school until we moved here. Every morning he was "sick". We moved here when he was in 7th grade and he loves it here. He is a senior this year and busy looking into college.

No baby yet. My daughter called last night and sounded horrible and I just knew it was time but she said she was just tired. This is her second child. The first one is 3 and a boy. She really wants a girl. I told her she can always try again. Not the thing to say to a pregnant girl LOL.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Yes, Connie, but only a few days each year. We have almost returned to the freezing point today, so a temperature change of about 70 degrees in 5 days. We are originally from South Dakota, have lived in Virginia and in Texas (my baby was born at Ft. Hood, TX almost 36 years ago), but made a conscious decision to return to this climate after military service. We may live in Minnesota, but we're on the border with South Dakota so we almost moved back home.

At any rate, the weather here makes quilts and quilting a necessity. I had a friend once who just did not see the sense of taking a perfectly good piece of material, cutting it all up, sewing it back together again, and calling it a blanket. That person did not see the art of it, but knew we needed the blanket.

Keep us updated on the baby front.

Last edited by GrannyH; 01/19/09 03:02 PM.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
H
H
Hi! Newbie here! I am working on a Tesselating Tiles quilt, which I am doing as a scrappy batik. Doing it in two sections, then will join them, once it's all quilted. Working on a pieced border for it now, with a black background & scraps from the quilt itself. It's turning out very interesting & will share a pic when I get it done. I love scrappy quilts, the more different fabrics, the better. My studio could use some more work too, but am trying to work on that little by little, inbetween my quilting, of course, lol... Nice to be here, always looking for more quilters to share with! Nancy/NC

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Friday my daughter went back to the dr. and he told her to come back today at 3 if he didn't see her before then. So the baby is now overdue and I guess they will induce this afternoon. I talked to her last night and she sounded tired.

Happy Mrs...welcome! I love your nickname. I googled Tesselating Tiles quilt as I had no clue what it was and I think your quilt will be just gorgeous! Especially in the batik. I will be looking forward to seeing pictures soon!

~anonymous~
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
The baby came this morning about 10:30. He was breech so she ended up having a csection. He weighed 9 lbs 7 oz and was 20 inches long. Big boy!

We are all stuck in as we had a winter storm and it is very icy and has been snowing all day. One of those days that you want to curl up in bed with a good book!

~anonymous~
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Congratulations, and send well wishes on to her as well. Now the all important question for a grandma - When do you get to see both of them?

I've been hearing about that storm. It's very pleasant here, almost warm. It must be 25 degrees. If we stay below freezing until the end of the week, we will become part of weather history - only the 4th time in recorded history that there was not a January thaw.

H
H
Thanks, Conniem, for the welcome! My name fits, as I consider myself, blessed with a great soulmate & bestfriend, who is also my hubby. We have been together almost 20 yrs now, a record for both of us! Congrats on the new baby! Glad all went well for your daughter! Is this your first grandchild, if so, enjoy! Here is a link to my Tesselating Tiles project. Since taking this I know have the blocks sewn altogether, in two sections & am working on the border for the second section, then I plan quilt them both & sew them together. Using black & scraps from the blocks in the border, my & hubby's own idea & I really like how it's turning out. I will post another pic soon! BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

H
H
Yes, please help, can't find info on this either? Thanks!

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Thanks for the congrats everyone...she is in the bottom of Texas and it is a long drive. She is planning on coming for a visit next month. We are foster parents to our granddaughter and it is a mess. We can't take her out of state without permission from a judge and her mother. Of course, our family mostly live in Texas. So we have missed out on a lot of family time since she has been living here, but I don't regret my decision to help her out.

Granny, the only weather records we ever set are for heat. I think the last one was like over a month of 100 degree temperature. That year the electric bill was awful! It is supposed to be in the 40s today and I have a dr appointment at 1:30 so I hope it warms up or I will not be out. I refuse to get out on the ice since I fractured my ankle last February. I took about 4 months before I was back to normal although I don't think it will ever be normal. It has been giving me fits because of the cold weather. And wouldn't you know...I ordered stuff to work on making some jewelry and my stuff was supposed to arrive on Monday and the bad weather has my package stuck about 90 miles from us! The last few days would have been perfect to do some work.

HappyMrs...to post a link you have to use the reply button (not the quick reply). The second icon from the left next to post shows a little world icon and you click on that and it will ask you for the URL link you wish to add. Add it and then click ok. It will ask you for a name for the web link. Put the name and then click ok. This is my 5th grandchild and the 2nd boy.

Oh and 20 yrs...that is great!

~anonymous~
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I know this is way off topic, but I was wondering if you noticed your grandson was born the same day a couple in California had 8 new babies. My mother had 8 children. It took her 14 years to do that. I can not image, and don't even want to think about it.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.