logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 46 1 2 3 4 45 46
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We went on a bus tour of Christmas lights last night and we saw a coyote out in a snow covered field. The poor little guy looked soooo cold!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I had a dream about a ferret last night. He had the cutest face and was white with light and dark grey patches. My sister has 4 ferrets.

Did you know a female ferret is referred to as a Jill and a male is a Hob. A group of ferrets is called a "Business".

Phyllis Doyle Burns
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Have you looked up what these animals mean as totems - and what you were being told, or shown?

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Sitcoms Website
Sitcoms Forum
I have not done that yet, Robin. The ferret was so focused on getting right up to my face and lookin directly into my eyes. He seemed very calm and friendly. I will see if I can find anything on the spiritual/totem power/meaning.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
This is what I found on the ferret's spiritual meaning:

Those with this totem need to remember to use all of their senses equally. If this medicine is underdeveloped the tendency towards tunnel vision is common. Rigid consciousness creates unnecessary worry and anxiety so caution is advised. Playful activities and a lighthearted attitude is helpful.

When frightened or excited the ferrets tail bushes up and a musty scent is excreted. Although this scent does repel some predators the ferret does not feel completely safe until it has burrowed deep inside its tunnel. In man this symbolizes the need of a secure home life. A place for reflection and nourishment is mandatory for those with this totem.

Ferrets are incredibly fast and agile and show us how to move with lightning speed to avoid danger. Do you need to move more quickly in some aspect of your life? Are you stuck in rigid thought patterns that limit your view of the bigger picture? Have you created a safe haven for yourself? Is your power of observation a hindrance or a help?

Always remember that the ferret is a powerful ally and can help you discover a hidden part of yourself. Buried deep beneath the surface are the answers to life's mysteries. If you are having trouble understanding some part of your life invite the ferret into your meditation, listen to what it has to tell you and then act accordingly.

Very interesting, huh? Guess I had better ponder and meditate on this. The thing is - I have never dreamed about ferrets before and never have they been prominent in my life. Maybe I just have a need right now to find that hidden part of myself for some reason, whatever it may be.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 12/27/08 04:15 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Spoon billed ibises on christmas day, at least a dozen of them as well as brown and white Pelicans, Cormorants, Crows, and I could hear Cardinals and Eagles, I just couldn't see them.

The sparrows and finches are in full force and singing their little hearts out, hopefully our pair will nest on the fronch porch again.

Killdeer (another bird) have come back too and will most likely nest in their tree across the street.

Had to do a double take yesterday, but it was a decoy of a female mallard in the pond.

There was a rider on a great big white horse with a light bay medicine cap and some spots on its hindquarters. But not many spots, so it wouldn't be desirable as a war horse. Phyllis, do you know the mythology behind medicine hats?

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Also, ferrets are essentially weasels, you may want to look into info on them as well.

Originally Posted By: Wendy Tall One

There was a rider on a great big white horse with a light bay medicine cap and some spots on its hindquarters. But not many spots, so it wouldn't be desirable as a war horse. Phyllis, do you know the mythology behind medicine hats?

Medicine hats are made of three circles that form a conical shape - is that right? I do not know about the mythology though. If you do, I would love to hear about it. You can start another post on medicine hats. Meanwhile, I will do some research on the mythology a little later today.

I knew that ferrets are in the weasel family, but I did not look up the spiritual/dream symbol for weasels. I will do that later. Thanks, Wendy! smile

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
that was something my mentor told me to do, always look up the partner totem. If you received a dog message, also look at wolf as dogs are domesticated wolves. OR if you received an owl, look at raven, who is their opposite or rival.

Also when dealing with animals look them up in a wildlife book like a Field guide, that will give you info about their day to day life, this might hit on something for you. Totems do not always have to be symbols, a bear could just be telling you that you are acting like a big beasty.

The best meaning I can come up with is "searching for a deeper meaning" to some issue I have been pondering on. I have a few issues that I have been coming back to quite often and have not yet sorted them out. Looks like I should do that rather than just letting them float around in my head.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 2 of 46 1 2 3 4 45 46

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.