Next Thread
Print Thread
#445914 08/20/08 08:24 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
I work in a large public high school. "Breaking Bread" is a term I heard today from a group of students entering the lunch line. The conversation went like this:

"He be pulling straight dudes and once they break bread,
they ain't straight no more."

Do you believe that people are born homosexual? Why or Why not?

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 08/21/08 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
God's word tells us that He created us and that we were created in God's image. The Bible also strongly states that it is a sin for men to lay with other men. God does not make mistakes! When it comes to creating us, His design was also perfect. But He gave us the choice to sin. Homosexuality is just one of many sins. Some sins carry greater consequences, such as an entire way of living. That would change the course of your life completely. Wrong choice equals the wrong direction. No one is born a homosexual. Sin is a choice. This is not just my belief...it is God's holy word, which one day all man will see and believe.

becca

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Gal. 5:6
beccab #449208 09/02/08 09:07 AM
C
C
It's a choice.
God made us in 2's, male & female. He specifically told them to fill the earth. 2 men, or 2 women cannot reproduce. It is genetically impossible. Therefore, according to the reproductive systems in humans & mammals, it cannot be a genetic thing.

A person is not "born" gay. They choose it. Even science can't prove it. Sin is a choice, and homosexuality is a sin.

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
AMEN!

I totally DO NOT believe that anyone is born homosexual..It is a sin to lay with the same sex and yes man was made in the image of God and God is not gay..I get so tired of hearing Oh its not his or her fault, they were born like that, they can shovel that junk underneath the horse manure..I am so blessed that I know God and that I didnt some how fall into a certain type of people that doesnt even give God a chance...

Angels descending, bring from above,
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
God's word is clear. It is important to remember that homosexuality is sin and an equal sin to all the other sins. Those who choose the homosexual lifestyle for whatever reason (rejection from the opposite sex, lack of a strong parental presence from either sex, childhood rape, etc.) need to know Jesus just like the rest of us. And, God can and will heal anyone.

Here are a few links to some really good resources for the Baptist position on homosexuality and the if you know someone who is struggling with this sin:

BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.