Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
I love 1950's TV shows like Father Knows Best. I found some great places to see full episodes on the interent and wrote about them on my blog. If you miss shows like Have Gun Will Travel and Twilight Zone, you can still see them any time.

1950's TV shows on the Internet

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Shark
Shark
S
Thanks so much for sharing the sites. I am listening to music from the site right now...Great!
And I will pass it on.
Sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com

B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
So glad you like it! I didn't realize there were so many great old shows available on the internet.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Great sites! I love old TV shows too. I went to the one to watch Father Knows Best. When I was a kid, I wanted to be like Betty. There weren't many teen role models back then.

I signed up for the Retrovision site too and they send updates on new shows available for viewing.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Thanks for the info on old TV shows. I loved watching quite a number of the old shows, and would love to catch them once in a while. We were so excited when we got our first TV and watched so many of the westerns, comedies and variety shows. Certainly was a different era, wasn't it?

B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
I remember when our TV was a huge thing that only got one channel - part time at that! When I was a kid, where we lived, there was a 30 minute cartoon each evening at 5:30, like Huckleberry Hound. That was it for kid's programming.

It sure became a different world when someone decided kids could be consumers!

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
The other day I read a blog post where someone mentioned watching the test pattern. We did that as kids, when we first got our TV, anxiously awaiting for the station to come on.

It is a different world. I'm ticked at the shows that now get cancelled even if they have 7-8 million viewers because it's the wrong age group. A number of "womens shows" are getting cancelled like Women's Murder Club and Lipstick Jungle, among others. So sad!

As the baby boomers move further into their sixties, maybe the demographs will shift.

B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
I remember the test patterns! You're so right about women in our age group not being seen as important to advertisers. They market to the all important demographic of the 20's and 30's but actually baby boomers are much more loyal customers.

I read an article that said people working in the advertising industry have no idea how to market to baby boomers so just ignore them. Sad because baby boomers have money to spend too-lol.

I loved Women's Murder Club and the old Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder type shows.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
The advertisers say the high-end of the big spenders are 49-year-old. I'm not sure why, unless they are considering women with children buying for their families.

I agree, they don't know how to market - probably because they aren't that old themselves!

I agree with you on all three of those shows you mention.

There was a show, I think in the fifties, that had to do with crime in the city. It was a very gritty show, and I don't remember who the star was, but every once in a while I think of that show. The announcer's voice would come on at the beginning to set the tone for the show.

I think the words naked city were in the title or at least in the description. One night one of the characters got acid thrown in their face and I will never forget that. I know I only watched it on the nights Mom and Dad were at their lodge meeting.

There were really some great shows back then.

B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
There was a show called Naked City which aired from 1958 to 1963. Could be that one.

I can remember when old Twilight Zone's were considered too scary for my sister and I to watch. I'd sit in my bedroom and perch on the dresser so I could watch the TV in the mirror-I was supposed to be in bed-lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.