Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
I noticed on the publisher's webpage for the children's book, [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Last edited by SNC_Editor_Pam; 12/12/08 03:05 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I cannot say that we talk about party affiliation so much as what the candidates did/do/are planning to do.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

T
Shark
Shark
T
I think it is less about teaching them to be a certain "party" and more teaching them morals and values and humanity and letting them come to their own conclusions. Someone who grows up and ends up having more conservative views is naturally going to vote for the conservative party and vice versa.

Many times how one is raised influences their party affiliation when they grow up, but sometimes it doesn't so that isn't a hard, fast rule either.

To me, having books like this shows a certain amount of desperation to indoctrinate kids to think a certain way. We have more than enough people, as it is, who vote strict party lines and have no clue what their own party stands for or believes in, but because mom and dad were strict whatevers, they are now strict whatevers and have been for 50+ years and do not plan on voting for the other party... I think that kind of attitude is sad and not beneficial to the process. So putting books out there like that is kind of ridiculous, imo.

Michelle
S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: toddzgrrl02
I think it is less about teaching them to be a certain "party" and more teaching them morals and values and humanity and letting them come to their own conclusions.

Democrats are not alone in having morals, values and humanity - and it used to be they were not the only party that has a middle. I do believe that just as children can learn hate, prejudice and small-mindedness from their parents, they do learn about empathy, social justice, equity and responsibility. Just as I taught my children simple science in the everyday world, I explained the consequences of political decisions made in voting booths.

Of course the book [url=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.